Anonymous

Detroit Public Schools received lowest math scores in nation!!!?

What do you guys think should be done to fix Detroit's education program???? Keeping in mind it is the most dangerous place in the nation.

• thomas
    Favorite Answer

When I went to school, teachers would paddle you if you got out of line. Now-a-days, the kids run the classroom. That's why I could NEVER be a teacher. I would go to jail the first day... I say leave the animals in the zoo...

I know Detroit is a dump, but you should see Philadelphia...

Urban public schools in general are very bad, and most other public school districts aren't far behind. Pittsburgh schools are also bad, but I can only imagine what Detroit must be like with all the chronic unemployment and poverty. I would NEVER be a teacher in one of those schools. I'm with the guy who'd end up in jail, my patience wouldn't be able to tolerate it. Plus, you have kids assaulting teachers too, let alone each other.

I was fortunate enough to have been brought up in a suburban area with an excellent public school district. In fact, it rivaled many of the local private Catholic schools that my folks considered sending me too, hence the decision to stick with the public school system.

Things will only get worse as unemployment continues to rise. I have experience on the other side of the education system...all I can say is God bless those children whos fault is not their own...

Celestine! You didn't give your girl Celestine (me) a shout out either?

Detroit needs to be burned and rebuilt! That city is a freaking mess!

Kids don't give a rat's azz that's why they got the lowest. They think it's COOL to be stupid.

• -

almost all of the urban school districts have bad scores.

its actually a fact.

except LAUSD sorta.

Chicago public schools suck too

Somehow I think the "white man" is going to be blamed for this.