Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

I get 1 year work premit, can I apply for citizenship in canada.?

My job can be extended. or I have to apply for PR first? for PR I need wait for 2 years?

1 Answer

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    if you can get the work permit extended for a second year - you can apply for PR status after 2 years on a full time job (37.5 hours per week).

    Then you must CONTINUE getting the work permit extended (for the 3rd and 4th years) as you wait a year or two for the application to be processed.

    if at any time to work permit is denied, then you become illegal and your PR application is closed.

    Source(s): PR in Canada
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.