TEENS: What's your favourite lyric or quote?

Im constantly inspired by lyrics, or quotes :] I like to take a song and see what meaning or metaphor I can find in it. Different lyrics and quotes are constantly generating creative insperation for me :D

So; what's your favourite lyric or quote? And why does it mean something to you. :]

• .
    Favorite Answer

i love the whole lyrics because its my fav. song (it will always be my favorite song)

but my favorite part is this one:

"you've got my head spinning

heart beating out of my chest

i'm a sucker for lovers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0t5DSmWBo

Youtube thumbnail

I love the WHOLE song lyrics, but :

"Now make a change

I'm counting down

The mile marks to every town

And falling more in love

With the distance put between us"

this part reminds me of awesome road trips.

"I would've married you in Vegas

And you've given me the chance to say I do

Couldn't make it more obvious, could you

Be anymore obvious"

idk why. i just <333 this one.

"At night we lie awake

With stories taking us back to the nights we felt alive

The nights we felt alive"

i have those kind of night a lot with my friends. late nights, talking about the past, or just doing things that make that night amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYSLqbxMtb0

Youtube thumbnail

(greatest song ever)

"we can kick it here for hours and

just mouth off about the world

and how we know its going straight to hell

pass me another bottle honey, the Yaeger's so sweet

but if it keeps you around, then Im down

Meet me on Thames Street

Ill take you out, though Im hardly worth your time

In the cold you look so fierce but Im warm enough

Because the tensions like a fire

Well hit

South Broadway in a matter of minutes

And like a bad movie, Ill drop a line

Fall in the grave Ive been digging myself,

But theres room for two

Six feet under the stars"

just amazing as it is... and it helps that i LOVE alex's voice. haha :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSY8gxJWug0

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

"She's gotta be something new to me

New signs but no sight of strings....She's making it harder

Harder to breathe

I'm getting weaker

So pull on the strings...

The lights are all off

There's no one around

We've both lost our minds

They're no where to be found

It's getting hot

I'm not saying this is hell

But I swear

This girl's a mess, you could sell"

idk why i just love this part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoLS2CDMOk

Youtube thumbnail

AMAZING SONG. my favorite at the moment. i listen to it everyday at least 2x's lol. (though the lyrics are wrong on this video in some parts..)

"i have a long list of things to say, but i'll leave it at you amaze me."

-- the maine (the way we talk)

I don't know if I have a favorite lyric. But one that came to mind first is

"Got postcards from my former selves saying: 'how've you been?'"

It's a random lyric from a Fall Out Boy song. It doesn't really mean anything to me...I just find it interesting. I dunno. I like it. -shrug-

Another is from the song Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles. Actually most of that song is interesting. "Wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door. Who is it for?"; "Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name. Nobody came."; "All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong?"

Kind of a depressing song, I suppose. But I always thought it was interesting.

Sorry I couldn't think of anything more thought provoking. =P

• Anything that's not super cliche, like "When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams" or something like that, because you hear them everywhere.

"What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know, goes away in the end."

No depressed. That song's just gorgeous and incredibly melancholy. Hurt by NIN

"People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Government should be afraid of their people."

Awesome. So incredibly true. Too many people let their gov knock them around.

"Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." - Che Guevara

"ANONYMOUS: Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

strength in numbers. small motto/demotivational poster slogan of protest group, Anonymous.

"What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction."

Narcissism and growth.

"It's pathetic how we can't live with the things we can't understand. How we need everything labeled and explained and deconstructed."

ostracizing the weird and unexplained.

"We've taken the world apart but we have no idea what to do with the pieces."

ultimate destruction.

• Lv 5

I love too many songs to pick one lyric. So this is a quote:

"You don't know them, and they don't know you, so don't worry about their opinons of you."

- My friend.

I was going through a rough time about a month or so back. My ex-boyfriend was telling all of his friends one of my secrets (that I only told him, because I felt he should know) and it was making people think badly of me. It was really getting me down, so I talked to my friend about it, and that's what he said. It helped, oh so very much.

• .....

'Peace is more than just the absence of war. True peace is justice, true peace is freedom. And true peace dictates the recognition of human rights.'

'It kinda makes you wonder. Of all the things we've hunted, how many exist just because people believed in them?' - Sam Winchester.

'Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.'

'Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.'

'To follow by faith alone is to follow blindly.'

'No fcuking sh*t lady. Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?' - Die Hard.

• I have two, both by Dr. Suess.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

-Dr Suess

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

-Dr. Seuss

I don't know why. I just love those quotes.

:]

Want to know how to get your ex back? Change yourself. Don't worry about changing other people, worry about changing yourself. Go to https://tr.im/2hOwa

Once you do that then you can start to worry about getting back together with your ex, other wise you will find that you are fighting about all the same things and getting no where. Do what it takes and I promise things will work out in your favor.

The funny thing is I came to the realization that I had to change a little too late. After I was kicked out and after I was about to lose the only things that truly mattered to me - her love. A funny thing happens when we truly love someone and lose them. We do what ever it takes to get them back. For me I had to drop bad habits that had caused not only our relationship to sour but practically every other relationship I had had in the past. Not only with women, but with friends, co-workers, family, you name it.

Which is why I say to you as my ex at the time said to me, the only thing you can do is change yourself. Work on yourself and improve on the person that you already are. Drop the negative things in your life that don't belong there and you will see all of your relationships start to take off to new heights.

• “Be still, and know that I am God.” -Psalm 46:10.

"We walk by faith, not by sight." -2 Corinthians 5:7

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis

Imagine the stories hidden under just one smile.

"Forgivness is not an occasional art, it is a permanent attitude."

-Martin Luther

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

-Martin Luther

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. -Romans 1:20

When the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future.

The only One who can satisfy the human heart is the One who made it.

Knowing the Bible is one thing; knowing the Author is another.

Life offers many choices. Eternity offers only two.

If you meet me and forget me, you've lost nothing. If you meet Jesus and forget Him, you've lost everything.

I'm not obsessed with 666; I've already been marked with

John 3:16.

Real eyes. Realize. Real lies.

You're gonna get attacked...cause you're on God's team.

3 nails + 1 cross =4given.

Before you ask which way to go remember where you've been.

I think it's good advice.

• Gustaf

"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."

-Richard P. Feynman

this means a lot to me because, to me at least, feynman is one of the most inspiring scientists of his time and probably who will ever exist. reading some of his works helped me and continues to help me figure out physics and it reminds me why i love it and why i want to learn more about it. Feynman's works and this quotation especially help me get a feel for what science really is, why I enjoy it, and why I study it.