Is there any good browser better than microsoft internet browser or the one that comes with every computer?

I need to find a new browser

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Google chrome has been running smoothly.

• 1 decade ago

Firefox. Free from http://firefox.com

Mozilla, who wrote Firefox, is the company that invented the very first Internet Browser called Netscape in the early 90s. Microsoft created IE and began bundling it with Windows in an effort to shut down Mozilla.

Firefox is faster, uses fewer resources, and is more secure than IE.

There are a few sites (such as any run by Microsoft) on which it will not work because they run scripts that are not compatible with Firefox. It also will not work with some streaming video sites. So you will need to keep IE around for the 1% of sites on which FF does not work. But on all other sites it is superior to IE.

Other options include Opera, a browser developed in Europe in is superfast on text sites, but can not handle many of the multimedia sites. Or Safari which was developed for the MAC and then transferred to the PC. You can also try Chrome, the new kid on the block, that was recently released by Google.

• 1 decade ago

Well it matters on what you like.

If you want a browser that can finish off your websites before you type them and have popular sites already put next to the toolbar then get safari(it's made by apple)

If you use google a lot of times then you want to get google chrome. it has the google search with the url search(if you dont know what that means its the www. and .com or .org) this means that the little google search bar is gone making more room to put bookmarks and settings leaving more screeen space.this browser can also play more videos than explorer for some reason(this is my favorite browser)

the last one i would recommend is Mozilla Firefox. this is great if you want lots of options and settings. I find that it isn't as stylish or looks as good as Safari or Google Chrome.It can play more types of videos than Google Chrome. This is more for people that are more experienced with computers and not really beginners because of all the options. But if you are experienced with computers you will probably like this browser

Hoped this helped you decide or you could pick all of them

by the way internet explorer doesnt come with Macs.

• bish
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It is the choice of individual. Major web browsers are technically same & have same features

Younger generation prefers Mozilla Firefox.

I personally use Internet explorer for online banking purpose due to proven & secured web browser

For others, I prefer Netscape Navigator since it is extremely simple friendly.

You can choose any web browsers from Mozilla Firefox, Flock, Google Chrome, Opera & Safari.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Browsers are mostly a matter of personal preference. I like Internet Explorer. Other browsers you can try (in order of my personal preference) are:

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Opera

Safari

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I use Firefox and Google Chrome. I think I like Chrome a little better but they both have their advantages.

Microsoft Internet Explorer has the great disadvantage that your bookmarks are stored on the Internet, not on your computer. They advertise that this makes your own bookmarks available to you on other computers, which is true. But it also means that -they- can see them too. Which I think is kind of slimy.

• 1 decade ago

Mozilla Firefox.

• Ben
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The most popular alternative to Internet Explorer is Firefox. It is very feature-full, fast, customizeable and secure.

Other alternatives include: Chrome, Opera, and Safari

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mozilla Firefox.

• 1 decade ago

God Yes.....OMG.......nearly fell out of my chair on that one. Should have said, "No, Internet Explorer, like Microsoft is the top of the line in every way." but my fingers couldn't betray my heart. Yeah, Mozilla is pretty good, but some of the new versions I have a problem with (incompatibility with some Adobe products, etc), Safari is a new up-and comer. Give em a try.

• Senlis
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Firefox is the most popular alternative to IE8. You can find it at mozilla.com/firefox

Other than that, Opera is fast, but not as stable as firefox. Chrome is a nice alternative also, but doesn't seem to have a flashblock or adblock therefore I don't use it as much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.