Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

New health care reform bill to government fund abortions? WTF?

What do you think about the "new health reform bill"? I think it's sick how they are trying to get taxpayers to cover abortion!! Does anyone agree with me?? I think I'd rather pay for someone's birth control than I would an abortion. It really makes me mad that this may soon be a government funded thing. I don't understand this at all. I see how it's the woman's choice and everything,but I don't understand why the government would PAY for a woman to kill her child. That goes against EVERYTHING I've ever said about being pro choice!! A woman should have to pay the costs herself,and we shouldn't be responsible. Does anyone agree with me? It sickens me that it's so commonplace to have an abortion that THE GOVERNMENT IS THINKING ABOUT PAYING FOR IT!!! Why should we have to pay for every little wh0re to go out and sleep with every tom dick and harry in town??

I want healthcare for the poor as well. I just don't want it at THESE COSTS. My kids are on state funded medicaid,because I can't afford the premiums on my husband's work insurance for both of them.

And felonius,you're probably right,I probably missed that part,but they're letting state to state figure out if it's funded or not. I don't agree with it at all,and it REALLY p***** me off!

wow prototype i had NO IDEA that stuff was included!! This whole thing is a total joke. I wouldn't vote yes on it in a million years! I mean some of it's good,but from what I've seen,most of it sucks. The abortion is liberal birth control comment-I resent that,because I do consider myself more of a liberal,this is just something i DO NOT agree with.

Best Answer

That's nothing! Check these out...

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and forcommunity organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years.

** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

Source(s): The 4-inch thick ObamaCare Bill

The way it is now, abortions are way over priced. It's big business and a huge profit is made on them.

If and when the government is in charge of health care, the price of an AB will be minimal because it is a very simple procedure (takes about 5 minutes in the hands of a professional) and will hardly cost the taxpayer a dime.

If and when the government takes over our health care and AB by chance is not covered, the price of AB will also be minimal so chances are even a poor person could afford it.

By today's standards with private health care flipping the bill, the price of AB is off the charts and that is only because it is profit driven and the privacy and welfare of the woman involved are their last priority.

Population control, it upsets many religions though. It shouldn't just be for Americans, we spread our money to all sorts of third world nations that have population problems. They could use some birth control as well. It's basically a moral thing for some people, and their pastors say it's murder. I'm not taking any sides, I just want health care for the poor.

• I truly hate to say it, but paying for an abortion is much cheaper than paying for said wh0res half dozen children for 18 years.

This is something where there are no winners.

I thought the bill gave insurance companies the right to decide on this issue - not the government. Did I miss something?

• John H

Most Republicans are too stupid to allow comprehensive sex education in the schools, so they are stuck with dealing with abortions instead.

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

abortion is liberal birth control.

It is their hobby,...killing babies and handing out death panels to seniors makes then feel strong,.and mighty,..

I agree and I think it is wrong also...