Why exactly did Hitler think people with blonde hair/blue eyes were perfect?

Serious question, I'm not being a "troll".

I've heard this my whole life but I don't remember hearing an explanation. I also heard he liked twins? Can anyone confirm/deny this info and give an explanation?

Thanks!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

He thought of an superior master race called Aryan. and it was not necesarly to be blonde and blue eyed to be part of it, the Aryans were considered the European/White race, and a blonde blue eyed person it is the perfect exemple and propaganda for being White. yes, he wanted space and alot of things for the germanic people, but he didnt consider them the only Aryans. and a blonde blue eyed person,i think it is the best example of germanic people.

And doctor Mengele was obssesed with twins, because Hiter asked him to make a way so the German population would increase faster, so Mengele thought of twins and wanted to find a way to make German women to give birth to twins.

After the world war ended, Mengele escaped in Brazil in a isolated city Cândido Godói, and that town is now called "the land of the twins" cause in 60s-70s(the time he stayed there) 1 in 3 women gave birth to twins mostly blond haired and blue eyes. there are alsot of myths on this subject.

if you want read this article http://www.prlog.org/10447371-unsolved-puzzle-over...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eh... maybe he liked the Vikings and the Norse. I seem to vaguely remember that he was very partial to their mythology whilst he was creating Germany's own fantasy mythology. As to why he became fixated upon the blonde hair/blue eyes mixture, God knows why. He was mentally unstable anyway and perhaps he was making up for some of his childhood frustrations.

You know, when I was a child, I couldn't help wondering: "If Hitler wanted to kill everyone who wasn't blonde with blue eyes, then why didn't he start with himself?" Then again, he ended with himself...

• 1 decade ago

Hitler believed that the human race could be improved by selective breeding, something like how we have pedigree dogs, and throughbred horses. In the early 20th century this was a widely held belief call eugentics, and was even practiced to some degree in America where those of lower I.Q. were often sterilized. He came to believe that the race most responsible for human progress was a tribe or group of peoples called the Aryans. Part of the racial characteristics of this group was their light skin color, eye color (usually but not always blue), hair (usually but not always blonde) and bone structures. Although they went much deeper in classifying the various peoples of the world by racial types. They believed that the Nordic nations and Britain and Germany contained high numbers of people of Aryan descent, even though they did not believe they were absolutely totally pure Aryans, they felt that in time, by breeding they could get back to the original Aryan "stock". Of course this is all hogwash, but that is what they believe and thought to be "scientific". Conversely they felt that other races were of inferior stock (lowest being Jews, Slavs, Blacks, and Gypsy) and should never interbreed with Aryans, and they sought to eliminate by "racial cleansing" the so-called inferior peoples of Europe and if they had won the war they would have killed millions upon millions more.

Of course if an woman of Aryan blood gave birth to twins the Nazis thought that was just great, ...more little Aryans to eventually breed more Aryans! Total crap. But that was the insane reasoning!

Source(s): Reading a lot of history.
  • 1 decade ago

He was a self hater. Hitler himself was half Jewish and had dark features so I'm assuming he didn't get along with that side of his family. Alot of it was also jelousy. During the dipresion a lot of Jews still had money. Many Germans resented that so when Hitler went all crazy they just agreed with what he said. They thought bye getting rid of the richest group of people they would have more money for them selfs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hilter thought Anglo-Saxons were the perfect race because they were most pure in his eyes. Germany/Europe was known as the Fatherland, birthplace of the Anglo Saxon race. Hitler's master plan was to interbreed the Anglo traits into the world population, while weeding out the impure race, which by his standards, were the Jews.

Source(s): Purely memory of World History
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well he wanted a master race. Obviously blonde hair, blue eyes, tall is what a lot of people desire. As for intelligence, I'm not going to play that game. That is on him, and history.

• 1 decade ago

For Hitler, the blond hair and blue eyes represented an ancient ideal of european purity to which his germany could aim. the gods and goddesses of northern european myth always had these features, he believed that his policies could over time, purge german bloodlines of all impurities and bring The Reich to a new era of perfect civilization.

the twins part, i never heard about that.

• HD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It was the purity thing. Let's remember though that Hitler himself was not representative of his own twisted ideals.

The twin thing is what Dr. Mengele was interested in - he tortured young twins to see results of different horrific medical procedures.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He just wanted a pure "super race" where everybody looked the same...although he wouldn't have fit in with them very well., being a short, squidgy thing himself.

And I think during the Holocaust he oversaw experiments being done on twins, the mentally disabled, and homosexuals.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he felt they were superior, and that's how he wanted the Germanic race to look like, he wanted alll of the German race to be blue eyes blond hair

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.