Is asthma disqualifying for the Coast Guard?

My brother wants to do something with the coast guard. He's been an asthmatic all his life, and he still has a prescription inhaler just because my mom made him keep one, but he hasn't used it in years. He's actually a runner. He also has his EMS certification and is in college right now doing... show more My brother wants to do something with the coast guard. He's been an asthmatic all his life, and he still has a prescription inhaler just because my mom made him keep one, but he hasn't used it in years. He's actually a runner.

He also has his EMS certification and is in college right now doing pre-med, but he wants to do something with life flight (even helicopter piloting) and was thinking of doing something with the coast guard.

Would the asthma be absolutely disqualifying or is there a way around it since he's actually ridiculously active and hasn't used his inhalter in years.