Have you done any Chestnuts this?
Holiday Season? And if so how were they?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I make Cream of Chestnut Soup. It's slighty nutty-tasting, rich, and delicious. Here's the recipe:
Cream of Chestnut Soup
1 lb chestnuts (500 g)
1 tbsp butter (15 ml)
1 onion, chopped
5 cups chicken stock (1.25 L)
1 bay leaf
2–3 sprigs parsley
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg (1 ml)
1/2 cup 18% cream (125 ml)
1/2 cup dry sherry (optional) (125 ml)
1. Boil and peel the chestnuts.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and stir occasionally until soft and translucent. Add chestnuts and stir for another minute or two, just until some of the chestnut “flour” sticks to the bottom of the pot and starts to brown.
3. Add the stock, scraping up any brown bits from the pot. Add bay leaf and parsley (tied in a piece of cheesecloth, if you like), and nutmeg. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. Fish out bay leaf and parsley. Puree soup with a handheld blender. Add cream and sherry; reheat soup but don’t let it boil. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 decade ago
yes...mmmm....so good. With maple syrup and salt. Heaven.
- seriouslyLv 41 decade ago