What should I change my Virtual Memory Usage to?

My computer is slower than it should be. I am using next to nothing as I do not save documents,pictures,music or movies on to my computer, nor do I have any programs that take up much memory at all. I am very clean about everything and yet my computer is running like crap. If all if this is not reason enough for... show more My computer is slower than it should be. I am using next to nothing as I do not save documents,pictures,music or movies on to my computer, nor do I have any programs that take up much memory at all. I am very clean about everything and yet my computer is running like crap. If all if this is not reason enough for why it should be running faster, it is also a new laptop purchased this month.

I use it for browsing with multiple tabs, as well as playing online based games that need the memory. However my computer is not using anywhere close to what it could be using and is therefor constantly dropping my internet connection (related?) and lowering the speed/causing lag to my games.

This has only recently started happening since switching to windows 7, and I have updated all graphics and drivers already.

Dell Studio 14z
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
3.00GB installed Ram
intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz

So my question is, what should I set my virtual memory to? On Initial size and Max size.

Thank you