Why dosen't anyone believe in marriage any more?

why is it so easy for couples to divorce? what happ. to fighting for your marriage?

Best Answer

its appalling to me that is women the ones asking these questions when its only them the ones to blame for the current state of affairs. most divorce proceedings are started by women. add to that the divorce industry, i.e. lawyers, had made it too appealing for women to seek divorce whenever they see fit. between the no fault rules, and jumping the gun for any conceivable reason under the sun its amazing that the rate is still near the 50%. that is only also because many men are starting to chose not to marry as an alternative

http://dontmarry.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/do-not-m...

Why should it be difficult to divorce? It's a personal choice for individual couples. Plenty of couples have rocky periods and come out on top. But equally important in living a healthy life is being able to recognize losing battles. The reality is that some people never change, leaving little point to constantly fight.

You shouldn't find this question insulting, it's a legit question. The divorce rate is 60% and people either marry to young or when they are not ready. I am 22 and ready to be married to my fiancee who is 32. I am deeply in love for him and I truly belive that when you get married this is it (you are will that person for the rest of your life, food better or worse). I believe that you fight for a marriage, its hard work my mom's been married 42 years. SOO don't worry there are some people that hold those values to be true. I do however find that the only exception for divorce are 1) abuse of any kind 2) cheating or infidelity of any kind 3) and lastly, demoralization of any kind. Other then these I truly believe you should always work out your problems with your spouse. Remember, You chose to be with them for a reason, so if you always remember why you truly love them and why you married them then you can't go wrong. Good Luck

It's easy to get divorced now because most states don't make you wait it out. In Georgia you can get a divorce after 30 days of filing (and it only cost 60 bucks). As for Carolina, they make you wait 1 year before a divorce is final. This gives a waiting period because most of the time the couple jumps at divorce as being the main fix to all problems (big and small).

I believe in marriage but I also think it's been under attack as an institution since the beginning of Feminism. Some say that feminism was a way to destroy marriage. Then again there are plenty of bitter dudes who post here too. I think once you've destroyed the family, you've actually disempowered people & turned them into individuals yet easier to control. We're talking a Brave NWO here where the state will raise your child & no one will own anything. Cradle to grave serfdome. But I'm a cynic. Merry Christmas!

Its because the courts make it easy and profitable for women to divorce. My ex cheated on me and filed for divorce. She was fully divorced from me within 6 months and was collecting a ton of money from me. If it was harder to do I think a lot of people would work a little more at keeping their marriages together.

• cjlpn3

I have been married for 33 years but I understand what you are saying. The divorce rate is soaring. I think many people go into marriage thinking that it is easy and it is not. It takes a lot of work. When problems arise, I think they want to take the easy way out instead of working out their problems.

People do not fight to keep their marriage because of the ease and convenience of divorce and post-marital opportunity. After getting a divorce, a woman can keep her children, receive money to support them from their father, and remarry a guy who will not need to burden himself with the cost of supporting a family. After getting a divorce, a man can actually have sex sometimes and have it with someone who doesn't act like it's a chore.

I think most people think that life is suppose to be non stop happy and fun. So when things happen and it isn't like that they want a change and it is easier to get a divorce then change yourself so that is what they do. My husband says it is my responsibility to make sure he is happy all the time. I find that very difficult since so many things that happen in life are out of my control.

It's that mostly people get married for the wrong reasons. they need to be more mature and marriage was invented when the average lifespan was around 35 years old. It needs to be modified to a serial marriage in today's 80 year lifespan.