Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Discord between Hazrat Fatima (ra) with Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra)?

Can anyone throwing light on this...

According to the Hadith...

Narrated 'Aisha:

Fatima the daughter of the Prophet sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what Allah's Apostle had left of the property bestowed on him by Allah from the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty. On that, Abu Bakr said, "Allah's Apostle said, "Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Sadaqa, but the family of (the Prophet) Muhammad can eat of this property.' By Allah, I will not make any change in the state of the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, and will dispose of it as Allah's Apostle used to do." So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not task to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband 'Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself. When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect 'Ali much, but after her death, 'Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him. So Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. 'Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet's death and Fatima's death). 'Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that 'Umar should come, 'Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone " Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them' So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then 'Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Allah's Apostle ."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume # 5, Book # 59, Hadith # 546

Favorite Answer

Assalamo aliaikum

Peace be upon you

Discord between Hazrat Fatima (ra) with Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra):

As In the prehension of Bukhari, it is explained that there was a difference of opinion between Hazrat Fatima (ra) with Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) on the heirship but Hazrat Abu Bakr (ra) said that Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "Our property is not inherited"...

This is also in the hadith : Naratted Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "My descendants shall not apportion dinar and dirham amongst them. Whatever I shall leave, apart from the maintenance of my wives and their agent, shall go to charities." Musnad Ahmad

And everyone accept this, even Hazrat Fatima(ra), Hazrat Ali(ra) and Hazrat Abbas(ra) did not negate this hadith.

Ahmad ibn Hanbal relates Fatima as saying to Abu Bakr: 'You know better what you had heard from the Prophet.'

Moreover, the Care-taking of that property was later given to Hazrat Ali(ra) and Hazrat Abbas(ra) during Hazrat Umer(ra) caliphate ruling ....

Narrated 'Aisha:

...Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler.

Sahih Bukhari

Book # 4 - Book of One-fifth of Booty to the Cause of ALLAH (Khumus) :: Volume 53 :: Hadith 325

Hazrat Fatima (ra) ask for distribution of Property according to above Hadith which Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) denied on bases of Hadith of Prophet (peace be upon him)...

As for Hazrat Fatima (ra) became angry with Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) and kept away from him but it is found in several hadiths that when Hazrat Fatima (ra) became seriously ill, Abu Bakr paid a visit to her house and waited till she get settle with him (remains no more displeased with him). And this act suite with noble characteristic of Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra)...

At the time of his death Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra), himself do not allowed inheritance to his own daughter Hazrat A'isha (ra), since there could be no legatees to a Prophet under the Islamic law.

Hence the fidelity of Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) to the Prophet simply because he did not allow Fatima to inherit the legacy of the Prophet...

I just wanted to add... who every said any things bad about both Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) and Hazrat Fatima(ra) are not Muslims at all...dont listen to them

May ALLAH guide us all ...ameen

JazakumULLAH khirra for accepting my request...

Assalamo aliaikum

Peace be upon you

Source(s): ISLAM

Hazrat Abu Bakr Ra

Asalamu Alykum I am of the opinion that Both sides of the argument we STOP & say Allah knoweth best, this is because whichever side one leen to he/she MUST be offending the opposing side, each side has questions against other side which we cannot answer hence my opinion to leave the entire topic to Allah (sw) because WE ARE GOING OVERBOARD in accusations on each other.

How people can blatantly, without a second thought as to who they are associating with and can state without the slightest amount of unwillingness, accuse the daughter of the Holy Prophet(saw), the leader of women in paradise, the wife of Ali(as) of making a mistake as such, bewilders me. It's disgusting to witness people who consider themselves to be the Followers of Muhammed(saw), to degrade his daughter in order to fend for their beloved Caliphs.

if fatima as was wrong then why holy prophet said that i will not pleased to whom fatima is angry?

if abu bakar and umar was right then why abu bakar hiself accepted that he didnt do fair to fatima,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see sahih ssutta book

The issue of Fadak is simple.

Abu Bakr (ra) Umar (ra) were correct and Fatimah (ra) using her own ijtihad differed with Abu Bakr (ra) and Umar (ra) with regards to faddak, she however was wrong on this issue. She later on moved on from the situation and accepted the decision

Also, when Ali (ra) became khalif, he ALSO had the SAME stance as Abu Bakr (ra) and Umar (ra) with regards to fadak. So he came to the SAME judegement as Abu Bak (ra) and Umar (Ra) that being that the prophets do NOT leave inheritance. Rather the inheritance of the prophet (as) is what they leave behind in terms of knowledge.

Miswar b. Makhramah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Fatima is a part of me. He in fact tortures me who tortures her.

Sahih Muslim, Book 31, Hadith 6000

soooo how can part of Holy Prophet(saww) and leader of women in paradise be wrong

accoding to Holy Quran prphets(pbut) left inheritance

Prophet Zakaryya (AS) praying for a son who could inherit after him, as he was afraid his relatives would take over his stuff.

[19:2] A mention of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariya.

[19:3] When he called upon his Lord in a low voice,

[19:4] He said: My Lord! surely my bones are weakened and my head flares with hoariness, and, my Lord! I have never been unsuccessful in my prayer to Thee:

[19:5] And surely I fear my cousins after me, and my wife is barren, therefore grant me from Thyself an heir,

[19:6] Who should inherit me and inherit from the children of Yaqoub, and make him, my Lord, one in whom Thou art well pleased.

The reason Abu Bakr (ra) did not–and Islamically could not–give Fadak to Fatima (ra) was because the Prophet (pbuh) had declared that the Prophets do not leave behind inheritance. Prophets are awarded special financial privelages in order to aid them in their mission to spread Islam; Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) got a portion of the Khums on the very basis that he was a Prophet. It is thus not an absurd stipulation that their inheritance too has a special set of rules distinct from non-prophets. Both Sunni and Shia Hadith confirm that the property of Prophets is left behind as charity and not to be awarded as inheritance.

Sunni Hadith on the topic of Prophets and inheritance. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

“We do not leave inheritance. What we leave behind is charity.” (Sahih Muslim, Kitab al-Jihad was-Siyar, no. 49)

“We, the Prophets, do not leave heirs.” (Musnad Ahmad, vol. 2 p. 462)

This is confirmed in Shia Hadith as well. Let us examine Shia Hadith in Al-Kafi

“The Prophets did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance, but they left knowledge.” (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42)

This Shia Hadith in Al-Kafi has two separate narrations, and is considered Sahih by the Shia. The authenticity is confirmed by Ayatollah Khomeini, who used this Hadith to prove his claim of Wilayah al-Faqih. Khomeini said about the Hadith:

“The narrators of this tradition are all reliable and trustworthy. The father of ‘Ali ibn Ibrahim [namely Ibrahim ibn Hashim] is not only reliable, [but in fact] he is one of the most reliable and trustworthy narrators.”

the statement made by Abu Bakr (ra) about Prophets not giving inheritance is the same statement that was made by Imam Sadiq (ra) whom the Shia consider to be infallible? Allamah Al-Majlisi declared that the Hadith “do[es] not fall short of being Sahih.” And Ayatollah Khomeini considered it to be so Sahih that he used it to prove his Wilayah al-Faqih. If Abu Bakr (ra) is to be considered a liar for quoting this Hadith, then would the Shia also accept that Imam Sadiq (ra), Allamah Majlisi, and Ayatollah Khomeini are also liars by same logic?

When Ali (رضّى الله عنه) became Caliph, he did not revoke the decision of Abu Bakr (رضّى الله عنه) on the propety of Fadak. What stopped Ali (رضّى الله عنه) from doing this? So why are the Shia against Abu Bakr (رضّى الله عنه) when Ali (رضّى الله عنه) upheld the decision? In fact, the scholar Sayyid Murtada (known as ‘Alam al-Huda) narrates in his book on Imamah entitled ash-Shafi, that when Ali (رضّى الله عنه) became the Caliph he was approached about returning Fadak. Ali’s reply (رضّى الله عنه) was:

“I am ashamed before Allah to overturn something that was prohibited by Abu Bakr and continued by Umar.” (al-Murtada, ash-Shafi fil-Imamah, p. 231; and Ibn Abil Hadid, Sharh Nahj al-Balaghah, vol. 4)

please read sura e Anfal for your confirmation and those people found a bitter reality, who are saying that property is not inherited.

NOUB gave you a good answer

mashallah