Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Does the philippines suck?

Hi, I'm a pure filipino and I want to know if the Philippines sucks...

Wow, okay, people are confused. I personally don't think that the Philippines sucks. Its just that my american friends just keep on whining about being here, and I want to prove them wrong. I love my country, btw, mr :), I did capitalize the P in Philippines if you didn't notice. Sheesh guys, this wasn't meant to be a personal attack on me.

Okay guys, you're confused. Sorry I didn't specify in the beginning but I personally don't think the Philippines sucks. My american friends keep whining that their parents had to move to this country and I want to prove them wrong....hence this question. Thanks ":)" for your input but it was quite aggressive (Btw, I did capitalize the P in Philippines and I said nothing about corruption). I don't understand why this became a personal attack at me.

Favorite Answer

Wow guys 0.0. Anyway, I see where this person is coming from, I have american friends too and I always try to prove to them that this country is hella awesome. :)...he said nothing about corruption either, you should calm down XP. Anyway, this country is epic, don't you ever forget that.

• Amy

The whole world sucks, that's a fact, and the Philippines is no exception. Just kidding. The Philippines is home to millions of people and it's a very narrow minded comment to say that it sucks, so I understand the reaction you have when people say bad things about the place where you live. On the other hand, she was just stating her opinion. Everything she said is true anyway about the cockroaches, the no sewage system, so it's no reason to be angry about. The Philippines has advantages too even if personally it's not my type of country. Each person is entitled to his own opinion for as long as he looks at things in different perspectives. Claire Danes is entitled to it too. I do think that most of the US sucks, except for the Northern part of the East Coast. Since I have friends and family living there, I tend to be more tactful when I make comments. People all over the planet have a bad image about my place of origin, Siberia. But it's home to half of my family. Who cares what other people say? If you are convinced that your home is not "shxx" so what does it matter what others think.

• annely

That is a subjective question and you will obviously get a whole slew of different answers. A lot of people don`t like it when something is different and obviously the US and the Philippines are incredibly different (no matter how hard we try to bridge that gap). If your American friends think it sucks, well, you can`t say their opinion is wrong. I think the Philippines is pretty awesome, and you can`t say my opinion is wrong either. The only wrong kind of opinion, imo, is an uninformed opinion, and seeing as how your American friends are actually in the Philippines, you can`t really call them "uninformed".

No. I am a Filipino and I live a good life in the Philippines. But just like in other countries, there are people who are deprived and, to them, the country sucks.

Yeah, don't get upset folks; it's just another anti-American troll post. These keyboard commandos use any and all forums to take cheap shots at the U.S., probably out of jealousy, and they usually are not from the country which they claim to be, but lack the cajones to admit it.

No Filipino would make such an ignorant post.

You see, I might get flamed for this but it's people like you that brings our country's name to shame. What in the world made you say that?

First off, if you're a Filipino, you could at least try to show some respect by capitalizing the P in the Philippines.

Secondly, I hate to admit this, but a lot of Filipinos like you haven't been to a lot of places to say that Philippines suck. You do know there impoverished nations in Africa right? How about Cambodia? How about Bhutan? How about East Timor? How about the rest of the world?!

Some Filipinos would always complain about everything they have. Some Filipinos would complain that Pres. Arroyo is the worst president in the Philippines, when in fact she was the one who brought Philippines back into track economically. She may be corrupt, but the progress she gave us outweighs her drawbacks. I could only imagine in what state our country would be when FPJ won in the Presidential elections. She's an economist for crying out loud. Look at us now, we're one of the fastest growing economies in Asia because of her. Even at this year, we maintained a positive GDP growth when most other nations, including the developed nations, are at a negative. It might interest you to know that we're already a newly industrialized country. People just complain and don't look at the facts, especially those who yell that Philippines is the poorest nation in the world. It will take time for our country's development to reach the common household but it's getting there. We will soon become a first world nation. It's only a matter of time.

You say that corruption in our country is the worst in the planet, when in fact there are countless other nations out there whose corruption are far worse than ours. Corruption will always be a part of the political culture of every government in the world.

You say that Philippines suck? Tell that to the countless tourists that come to our country every day to enjoy, relax, and appreciate the beautiful landscapes of our country, and I'm not trying to corny. Unfortunately, a lot of Filipinos, overseas or not, would sometimes dissuade foreigners from coming to the Philippines by threatening them that rich foreigners would be kidnapped or killed when most of them are very much well alive.

We have much to be thankful for, but people like you will always complain to their hearts content that everything is not enough. I can't stress it fully here how much I bear grudge to those Filipino that does not appreciate what their own country has to offer. I really have much more to say, so much to say that I can't seem to organize and put them all here. I REALLY DO.

Source(s): A Filipino-Chinese that is far more grateful and hopeful for the Philippines than "a pure Filipino" like you.
    • Ed F6 years agoReport

they only coe for sex the young women are great!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAH sinong niloloko mo putriska?!!

the Philippines is great in many ways

but filipinos colonial mentality sucks :P

• lezah

In any country, some people, such as the narrow-minded, do suck, but most don't.

No, look in the brightside. At least we are not one of the 4th world countries.