Tripping On Acid??? Alice & Wonderland?

What is tripping on acid ??? And what does Alice & Wonderland have to do with it???

Tripping On Acid = ???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means you took a drug called acid and it hit you and you are feeling the full effect of the drug. Alice in wonderland is a weird movie where things don't make sense so they say 'your tripping' because everything is weird and stupid so you laugh like an idiot and can't relate to reality much anyway. I know some one who used to take that crap.

• :)
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Tripping on acid = taking LSD.

Alice in Wonderland has nothing to do with it. Many people say that Lewis Carroll wrote it while he was high- and yes, he was an opium user- but he didn't. It's a kid's story. That's why it's so odd. Many members of the hippie counter-culture back in the sixties liked to watch the Disney movies while they were high. To each their own.

It's a really great book though... if you read it, I'm sure you'd like it.

• Lutty
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Look, back in 1865 there was no such thing as lsd, and in my opinion it wasn't opium either. The writer of Alice in Wonderland was most likely inspired by a mushroom trip. Psychedelic shrooms have been present on Earth since before humans. And "wonderland" sounds alot like a shroom experience

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Acid is LSD a hallucinogenic,

the Alice in Wonderland references are based not on acid but Ether, and mushrooms

the later explanations were from Jefferson Starship an alternative rock band from San Francisco, their song White Rabbit said

"One pill makes you larger,

and one pill makes you small,

the ones that mother gives you

don't do anything at all...

Remember what the Dormouse said,

feed your head.

These days I don't know if you could trust the party drugs, they get mixed by idiots who don't know why they're do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Don M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Seriously? It is a reference to experiencing hallucinations after taking LSD. The connection between Alice in Wonderland, which features a hookah-smoking caterpillar and many other very weird, dreamlike images, and drug use was popularized in the 1960's by the band Jefferson Airplane, in the song "White Rabbit".

I hope this helps... if not, go ask Alice... I think she'll know. ;-D

• 1 decade ago

it is true that its based off of ether and mushrooms but it too has references to acid. Tweedledum and Tweedledee play a game called "button button whos got the button" its a term for when some one slips acid into another persons food or drink with out them knowing. People who "trip on acid" experience a lot of confusion and see things that arnt real. As long as you stay in a good mind state you wont have any of the bad trips people talk about. Acid can be a very eye opening drug and that was its purpose before the hippies got a hold of it. i don't recommend doing it. and the pill reference in "white rabbit" was to a speed pill mixed with acid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its what you call it when you take acid. You "go on a trip" and Alice and wonderland provides a great trip. Its what is called "trippy". I cant really explain it to you, you have to experience it yourself.

• 1 decade ago

LSD is a psychedelic drug.You're body actually makes the most potent psychedelic chemical known to man naturally it is produced when you sleep by you're pineal gland in the brain it's called DMT it can be extracted from almost all plants.If you drink ayahuasca or smoke DMT it's like another dimension.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's a drug. It's a terrible drug. Alice & Wonderland had nothing to do with it unless the person that came up with the story was on it when he came up with the idea.

• Neil
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You might be watching Tom Petty's Don't come around here no more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.