? asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

Environmental Science Fair Project Ideas?

Okay, The science fair is in February so I have time. I am looking for an original, oustanding, award winning science fair project. Please no links to websites. The science project has to be environmental (Earth Science.) - I am totally 'Going Green'. Also can you include LOT'S of Detail? Also it is for Middle School.

Thanks SO Much!! ( Best Awnser Gets 10 Points!)

Best Answer

Hey I sorta a science geek and in Australia we had a project to build a totally self sustainable solar boat. with this project groups from across the counrty were given a kit of a remote control, foam, four solar panels and a moter to build with. My group came secound in the nation, an i can tell you that aswell as being heeps of fun it was a great way to raise awarness about how solar electricity is a viable option.

GOOD LUCK

BTW the boat was a 1:10 scale so about 30 - 40 cm

Source(s): LIFE EXPERIENCE

your missing the best part of the science project!!!

to think out ur own project!!

Try thinking about global warming projects and some other past science experiments/ projects that you've done!! :)

in case you have hermit crabs you would be able to desire to do a learn on what forms of shells they want. collect a team of hermit crabs of distinctive sizes and a team of categories of empty shells. you will get hermit crabs to circulate away their shells by capacity of heating the shell up slightly. (A lighter works superb.) Then, whilst the crab leaves the shell, provide it a selection of different shells and notice which it chooses. Then, in the journey that your crabs want a definite style of shell, you would be able to desire to objective crushing a team of shells and notice if possibly the only they want is honestly greater proof against breaking. The rigidity mandatory to break the shell could desire to be measured by capacity of seeing from how a techniques up you could desire to drop them to break them.