How does one prepare to return to college after 20 years of being out and with out a degree?

I want to prepare myself to be certified in the Human Resource industry and I want to excel.

Favorite Answer

I believe your mindset is one of the most important parts of being ready for college. The ability to force yourself to study for X amount of hours, finding your test taking skills/strategies, etc. All of these will decide how you will perform once you return to school for your degree.

Also, I think another important part is finding the right school. If you go to a traditional university, a lot of times there is a set expectation that students will just "get it". While several people would know how to access their university web mail, get on Blackboard and take an online test, etc. there would be people who don't. And this can affect how well you fair at the school. You can check out Daymar College and see the different degrees they offer which is a good school for somebody in your position. www.daymarcollege.edu