Help with excel vba.....about saving the data from form on pressing ok in another excel file?

i have a form that has name and then has three check boxes highschool, college, graduate school so to save the data in excel file i have used this code in vba: Private Sub OKButton_Click() Sheets("Sheet1").Activate NextRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("A:A")) +... show more i have a form that has name and then has three check boxes highschool, college, graduate school

so to save the data in excel file i have used this code in vba:

Private Sub OKButton_Click()
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate

NextRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Ran... + 1

Cells(NextRow, 1) = TextName.Text

If OptionHS Then Cells(NextRow, 2) = "High School"

If OptionCollege Then Cells(NextRow, 3) = "College"

If OptionGrad Then Cells(NextRow, 4) = "Grad School"

TextName.Text = ""

TextName.SetFocus
End Sub

so that means on the sheet1 the data gets stored but what i want is that this data actually gets saved in SOME OTHER EXCEL FILE ON Sheet 1 ......lets say that both these excel files are in same folder

the excel file where people add data is named book1 and the excel file where i want to store data is named database

so in other words what i want to say is that these two files be on the shared drive....so i want that all people can open that form on their own screen and when lets say user1 adds data it gets saved in databse.....similarly when user 2 adds.....and so on .....i hope i make sense.....

i will choose best answer inmmediately

please help
Update: That is such a helpful thing for u to do ....please help me because i m getting syntax error Lets Say the excel sheet where i have the form is on this path: C:\Users\abc\Desktop\Book1.xls and the database is here: C:\Users\abc\Desktop\Mumbai Centre... show more That is such a helpful thing for u to do ....please help me because i m getting syntax error

Lets Say the excel sheet where i have the form is on this path:
C:\Users\abc\Desktop\Book1.xls

and the database is here:
C:\Users\abc\Desktop\Mumbai Centre Dashboard\databse.xls

so can you please put that in the code and then tell me how can i do what i want....thanks in advance
1 answer 1