What do the "white robes" in Revelation signify? Who received them?

And do they spiritually tie in with the filthy garments Joshua is portrayed wearing in Zechariah 3?

http://bible.cc/revelation/6-11.htm

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. - Revelation 6:11.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

A white robe is symbolic of purity and was the custom of the Essenes of the first century. They were described by Josephus:

" They think that oil is a defilement; and if any one of them be anointed without his own approbation, it is wiped off his body; for they think to be sweaty is a good thing, as they do also to be clothed in white garments."

It does correlate to the filthy robes of Joshua. Filthy clothes are a sign of defilement. As Jesus says in the revelation:

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life...

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed...

• 3 years ago

White Robes In Revelation

• 1 decade ago

Revelation 6: 9-11, from Orthodox Study Bible:

"The cry of the martyrs for vengeance is not vindictive; they are pleading with God to hasten the end of persecution and the consummation of His plans for the world. In the interim, the martyrs are consoled by the 'white robe' (v. 11)--a Jewish symbol of resurrection from the dead. Elsewhere it is a symbol of blessedness, good deeds, innocence, victory, purity, new and eternal life, transfiguration, a resurrected and glorified body, being clothed with Christ, and the wedding garment of salvation (3: 5, 7: 9, 13-17, 19: 8, 9; Ex. 28: 4; Is. 61: 10; Dan. 10: 5, Matt. 22: 1-4; Gal. 3: 27). The martyrs are called to have patience until the fullness of their number is complete. The vision of 'the souls' of the martyrs 'under the altar' (v. 9) is derived from the OT practice of pouring the blood (the physical manifestation of the life of the soul) of sin offerings at the base of the altar of burnt offering. It is a basis for the historic Christian practices of building church buildings over tombs of martyrs, placing relics of Saints in the altar when a Church is consecrated, and burying baptized people under the altar. Thus, in the Divine Liturgy Orthodox Christians remember 'those who lie asleep here, and in all the world.' "

• 1 decade ago

according to the Bible, white robes or garmets are the symbol of purification by the blood of the Lamb which is Jesus Christ. Please read the parable of jesus in Matthew 22 where he talks about garments for a wedding. The wedding represents the second coming of Jesus Christ, then in Revelation all that where cleaned by His blood were there. Please read the rest of the chapter in Rev. 6 where the angel tells john what the white robes mean. That will answer your question. I hope this help.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • klan
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! i don't get why each and all the chicks are so into him The dude wandered in the process the wasteland for like 6 weeks with out showering! interior the comparable grungy old gown! I mean come on girlies. I in basic terms got here into some silver How bout passing it sluggish with Judas you may believe me....

• 1 decade ago

What do the "white robes" in Revelation signify?

They signify :

Revelation 19:8 - THE FINE LINEN IS (( THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SAINTS. ))

Who received them? (( THE LAMB'S WIFE )) :

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white

And do they spiritually tie in with the filthy garments Joshua is portrayed wearing in Zechariah 3?

NO.

That ties with : I trodden the wine press alone, and of the people there was none to help, I will stain all my garments.

Isaiah 63:3

I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

With : " He was made to be sin for us, the stain of sin was upon him, he who knew no sin ( Garments pure and white ) was made to be sin for us ( Garments now filthy because of sin. )

• Joline
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A Christian's life of good deeds is represented by the symbolism of white robes. ...

• 1 decade ago

Being Honored, made clean, given New Bodies !

In my house there are many Mansions ?

What would we need a Big house for ?

Hmmm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The white robes in The Book of Revelation were not merely chatted about, but were *seen* by John.

REVELATION 19:8.

8. And to her was granted

that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white:

for the fine linen is the Righteousness of Saints.

THROUGH THE WORK of Dr. Carlos Castaneda, the UCLA anthropologist who became a Native American Nagual seer, and not only *saw* Heaven, but went there several times with his physical body, we know things that fill in the lines of Bible Scripture (which the Native Americans were massacred for trying to tell the colonists and slaver Whites).

MATTHEW 17:1-9.

AND after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother,

and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2. And was transfigured before them:

and his face did shine as the Sun,

and his raiment was white as the light.

3. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias

talking with him.

4. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus,

"Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt,

let us make here three tabernacles;

one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias."

5. While he yet spake, behold, a Bright Cloud overshadowed them:

and behold a voice out of the Cloud, which said,

"This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased;

hear ye him."

ORDINARY HUMANS ARE SUBJECT to having 99% of their life energies stolen by hostile spirit beings (devils), which process can only be stopped by living a completely disciplined lifestyle (i.e. righteousness). When a person lives so disciplined, their life energy reserves increase, and their God-given Spiritual Abilities begin to come back on line, namely:

THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER.

1. HEIGHTENED AWARENESS: Total Recall and Total Concentration.

2. *SEEING:* ESP ability to perceive anything that exists or existed,

and analyze its life energy composition- thus proving the difference

between true visions (which have the full range of energy signatures,)

and false visions (which contain only the signature of the being who created it,)

analogous to detecting the pixellation of faked photos.

3. ANGEL DEPLOYMENT: The Telekinetic ability to create an energy body, and act through it at remote distances.

4. TELEPORTATION: The ability to dematerialize one's body to pure Life Energy, and to rematerialize it elsewhere in the current Universe.

5. TRANSLATION: The ability to teleport into the "Higher Universes" (i.e. Heaven).

6-10. TRANSFIGURATION: The simultaneous triggering of all these abilities with a "jump" of one's energy content from 50% to 100% in an instant. "Cosmic Awareness." "Everlasting Life."

THE PEOPLE WHO have attained the 100% return of their Spiritual Power (which occurs spontaneously, as soon as the reserve passes 50%- the 5th Talent) appear to seers, who have the 2nd Talent working, top be covered with a whitish energy field that comes out the top of their heads and covers them down to their feet.

Ignorant, silly religionists, trying to copy True Spiritual Masters, reading about this covering, try to become lke them by making themselves white cassocks and robes. (We have many customsand traditions like this.)

If a person does not have 100% restoration of their life energies, and conceives children, both parents will develop dark holes on their spiritual body, which can be *seen* by a seer who can *see* down to the fundamental level of life energies. (Those who just *see* "auras" don't see this.) There is a hole for each child, and the side of the spirit body it is on indicates the gender of the children, relative to the parent. These would look like "blemishes" or "stains" to the sanctimonious seer.

Joshua was a seriously bloody manslayer. He led the massacre at Jericho, for instance. He was hardly an enlighened soul. He was just a puppet, killing anyone his Spirit Guide told him to. When your awareness reaches Divine Levels, you can clean yourself. Joshua couldn't, so Satan had a claim on him. The "Angel of The LORD" and "Satan" are all part of the same programme to trap souls, and to get them to consent to entrapment.

Source(s): . . . THE TEACHINGS OF DON JUAN: A Yaqui Way of Life, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. A SEPERATE REALITY, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. JOURNEY TO IXTLAN, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. TALES OF POWER, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. THE SECOND RING OF POWER, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. THE ART OF DREAMING, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda. THE ACTIVE SIDE OF INFINITY, by Dr. Carlos Castaneda.
  • 1 decade ago

purity perhaps?

I'd always seen white as symbolizing purity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.