So let me just get this straight(health care reform)?

I just watched NBC nightly news and they said the last democrat was convinced to agree to it, and then they showed us the main points of healthcare reform. They pretty much said there's going to be no public option for people like ME who can't afford insurance, and that those who can't afford it will be slapped with a penalty fee.

It doesn't even seem to be reform anymore.it's more like"get insurance or be in trouble".

Am I understanding this right?

Please clear it up for me if I'm wrong,because I'm sure I said it the wrong way somehow.

Favorite Answer

No public option, meaning no insurance agency actually run by the federal government. But there will be insurance exchanges, where states bring together uninsured individuals as a group to buy private health insurance at group discount rates. Those who have an income less than 4 times the national poverty rate will receive a government subsidy to help buy insurance through the exchanges. Everyone will be required to have insurance, but the bill does not designate the type of insurance you must have or the agency you must buy it from if you don't get it through work.

You will also be limited to stay in America.

Theres a measure that forbids Americans to go to foreign Countries (Canada,Japan, Germany etc) to buy cheaper medicine or get cheaper surgeries.

Why would anyone want to go to JAPAN to get an MRI that costs only $75.00 (75 bucks) then pay for an MRI here in the States for $4,000 and be put on a waiting list for your symptom to get worse. Especially if medical equipment was made and serviced in Japan? Sarcasm.

Source(s): Obviously it would be cheaper for an individual to go to another country as a visit and be cured in a reasonable amount of time instead of your famous American waiting lists.

You are correct.

You will be forced to purchase insurance from a private company. However, you may qualify for reductions from our oh-so-benevolent government.

HOWEVER, the benefits for paying into this atrocity will not kick in for another three years. So you're still on your own for awhile.

You forgot the part about how his state no longer has to pay for medicaid increases in return for his vote. That was the clincher for him. The rest of the states will be paying for Nebraska now.

@Willows....amen! I'm with you on term limits for these scheisters

nope you got it right

the health care plan reform is

Buy health insurance from an insurance company or go to jail

Nobody is sure yet there are still over 4000 pages of both bills and they still will have lots of fighting.

Term Limits for Congress, Now !

Ya you got it right. Once again, the gov't is intruding into your life and telling you what to do.

call your senators and demand they get something for your state just like la, and neb and conn.