xXxLemonxXx asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

possible wisdom tooth coming in? help?

so, the back of my throat has been hurting when i swallow, but only on the right side. i looked in the mirror today and shined a flash light and i could see what looked like a tooth, but not by the other teeth at all. it was like IN the side of my throat. could this be a wisdom tooth? and will it be okay to wait until tomorrow to get it looked at?

Favorite Answer

do you have a fever along with it?

It sounds like it could be strep throat. Strep throat can turn your tonsils white, and I could see someone mistaking it for a tooth.

Here's a pic

http://bemoedee.com/moe_strep_04.jpg

It sounds like you have tonsil stones. They often appear white and are on the side of your throat. Do a test. Stck a Q-tip on that white spot and rub around a bit. Pull it out a smell it. If it smells to high heaven, it's a tonsil stone. Try to get it out.

Also, sometimes tonsil stones makes swallowing painful

I highly doubt it's a wisdom tooth if it is close to your throat. You could have inflamed tonsils. It wouldn't hurt to see a dentist, but from what you're telling me it sounds more like a medical issue.

-LasVegasDDS

• Wisdom teeth come in by your other molars, not in your throat. I would call a doctor and set up an appt.