Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Using baking soda to whiten teeth?

Can i use it everyday?

brush my teeth wit toothpaste, warm water rins.

then i mix baking soda with water and i put some on my toothbrush then i brush for like a minute and then i spit, and rins with warm water.

can i do this(when i say "this" i mean use baking soda in my washing teeth routine) three times a day or once a day?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

NO DO NOT use household baking soda on your teeth. It is like rubbing sandpaper on your teeth...too abrasive!

Buy toothpaste that contains "baking soda" instead. That has been developed to be safer on teeth than baking soda in the box.

Source(s): hygienist
  • 1 decade ago

Since you seem to like it,this might make it easier to do..Look for this next time you shop..

Arm & Hammer Dental Care Original Baking Soda Toothpaste

Arm & Hammer Dental Care Advance Cleaning Daily Fluoride Mint Toothpaste with Dental Baking Soda

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you may do that but don't expect to see any whitening because baking soda does NOT whiten teeth, never did and never will.

Source(s): retired DDS
  • 1 decade ago

yes it is baking soda ,but with lemon mix and you could use it three times a day if you want ,but i've tried it and i mean it tastes bad.hahaha

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yep it works my grandmother use to tell me about it all the time....you can use it as a toothpaste also its natrual and gets ur teeth pearly white

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

or u could use arm and hammer with it in there. i do. get comliments 24/7

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.