What are your thoughts on the Confederate Flag?

To me the Confederate Flag is the ultimate rebel flag, it shows that I'm not happy with the government, its sort of a "stick it to the man" flag, for me.

What does it mean to you?

Favorite Answer

I think the Confederate flag represents better days.

I think the Confederate flag represents what people SHOULD believe in today, States Rights.

I think the Confederate flag represents what the Revolution stood for; Fighting what you believe in.

I could care less about the mass informed PIGS that cry and wimper over Confederate beliefs being "Racist", Racism was before my time. I have African American friends and Want to know something? Black people really don't ******* care if you call them ***...you know. And don't tell me they do because i have plenty of black friends.

I personally think the Confederacy should start again, and we should Secede from the TOTALITARIAN HOUSE...*cough* I mean White House.

Source(s): Fuck my Stupid country

That flag is a battle flag only. The flag that represented the CSA was a totaly different flag. Even at that the CSA lasted 4 years. Slavery was legal under the present day stars and stripes of the U.S. for hundreds of years.

i might say no, and this isn't any longer allowed to be displayed in worker parking plenty the two on automobiles or automobiles. exterior of there, this is a civil superb. no longer each and every accomplice supporter or flag lover feels that each and each black individual must be shipped decrease back to Africa on bannana boats. For some it symbolizes the Southern way of existence that became needed exterior of the Union. yet because of the fact the flag is crammed with plenty controversy and various of alternative do see it as a racist symbolization, it must be banned from colleges and worker parking plenty. no longer each and every business business enterprise bans the flag, yet many do. some enable it. sturdy success with college.

I think it's a cool flag mostly because I like its design. I'm not pro-slavery or anything but I believe in the Freedom of Choice and I believe you should be allowed to raise/carry any flag you want to. If you don't like a flag don't look at it. If you don't like people's victimless activities don't engage in it and don't pay attention to it.

Ah, I see it here in Florida all the time. I actually think many of the people who wear that flag on their shirt or put it on their pickup truck don't know what it even means. They think they do but they really don't. They don't know their history. It really signifies southern states' rights. It is more a of symbol of secession than anything else.

A symbol has a definite meaning. Something like a flag represents one ideal, not differet things to different people.

The "Stars and Bars" is a symbol of southern pride and rebellion against an oppressive highly centralized federal government. It is NOT a symbol of racism as is commonly declared by those with an ignorant knowledge of American history.

Source(s): History.

Reminds me of the British Union Jack

The visual effect of the "Stars and Bars" is it unites the South and it's attempt to Destroy the United States with the Nation that provided financial support to their Confederate cause. English investors were filled with hope, hope of destroying, exacting revenge on their once profitable colony

I like it. To equate it with slavery is ridiculous. That's like equating Old Glory to abortion. I think the confederate flag is a really beautiful flag, I love it's design and its rich colors. (:

NavyCopA is dead on right with his answer. the southern states seceded because they were left no option. and it looks like there is a growing number of people in the south that want to do it again for the exact same reasons

its a symbol of the treasonous desire to break apart the American nation. If the confederates got their way, America would not exist today. The confederate flag is, at its very essence, a symbol of anti Americanism.

I mean really, what if someone today started saying that America should be two separate countries? You'd call them traitors wouldn't you?