heat dont work inside chrysler lhs 1999?

coolant ok, temp. on coolant ok, blow fan inside ok, a/c ok inside temp don't go over 16C , I can increase temp on display and fan work fine but only very little heat up air come inside mostly come in cold air from outside, even temp on coolant in engine is 82C , maybe someone know what is the problem

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark B
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Chances are it's the blend door actuator or a clogged heater core.

Heater core could be plugged up, keeping hot water from making it's way in to warm the air. Easy way to check the heater core is to see if both hoses are warm or hot coming from the heater core (once the vehicle is warmed up, of course). If it's clogged up, one will be warm or hot, the other will be cold. If that's the case, the core will simply have to be back flushed.

The blend air actuator opens and closes the door inside the A/C system that mixes hot and cold air together. The replacement actuator is about $100, but I'd suggest letting someone else check it to make sure that's the problem before you replace it.

If the control head had a problem with it, you would also have lights all blinking and acting weird on the A/C control. You mention that you can change the control and no mention of any lights flashing, so I would say it's not a control issue and disconnecting the battery will do nothing for fixing a bad actuator or clogged heater core.

• wieto
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Chrysler Lhs 1999

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two possibilities. Your heater core could be plugged. Or the other would be that you have a "blend door feedback failure" code in your heater control which is causing the blend door not to move to full hot. Normally a reset of the control fixes this. Try disconnecting your cars battery for a few minutes and see if this fixes it.

• 3 years ago

examine to work out in case you have a 2.7L engine, in case you do sell that motor vehicle swifter than superman can fly. in case you do not have faith me google or youtube "2.7L chrysler engine issues". hundreds of engines have seized up do to engine oil sludge. this is probable the worst motor vehicle you have ever offered.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.