Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

About torrents...plz answer in detail?

what are torrents?are there different torrents for different downloads?what torrent should i download in order to download some ebooks and also for some sitcom?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I suggest utorrent software the best of the best.

first go to Google search for utorrent after downloading install than go to the websites like www.h33t.com,www.isohunt.com,www.btjenky.com and .......ETC there are some many torrents sites are there after going to torrents sites search for your required You ill get the links follow that link u ill get torrent file click that file it ill downloads the software which u required

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Torrents are files shared among different computers through the internet. The main difference b/w a torrent download and a regular download is that you are actually uploading some amount of the file you are downloading to other users downloading the same torrent (known as seeding). You can choose to disable seeding, but it is considered an ill practise (If everyone on the torrent network were to do so then there would'nt be any file exchange resulting in 0 download.) Also the information for a torrent download contained in a .torrent file is initially downloaded as a regular download and opened in a torrent client like Bittorrent or utorrent to download the actual file u want to download.

Regarding your second question,there are several torrent downloads but the most popular of the are the .torrent format (around 90%, large user network) You can get anything from .torrent downloads. Torrents mostly now contain ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS. But the chances of catching u @ it is slim to none. ( Imagine the cops going through the computers in each and every house{ sure there are better methods but then only the FBI is that intelligent enough - NO OFFENCE intended}

Some torrent sites are piratebay, torrenthound, torrenthound etc. These should mostly be enough for what u r searching 4.

• 1 decade ago

Hiii!!

"1.A turbulent, swift-flowing stream.

2.A heavy downpour; a deluge.

3.A heavy, uncontrolled outpouring: a torrent of insults; torrents of mail."

A torrent is a file sent via the BitTorrent protocol. It can be just about any type of file, such as a movie, song, game, or application. During the transmission, the file is incomplete and therefore is referred to as a torrent. Torrent downloads that have been paused or stopped cannot be opened as regular files, since they do not contain all the necessary data. However, they can often be resumed using a BitTorrent client, as long as the file is available from another server.

Torrents are different from regular downloads in that they are usually downloaded from more than one server at a time. The BitTorrent protocol uses multiple computers to transfer a single file, thereby reducing the bandwidth required by each server. When a torrent download is started, the BitTorrent system locates multiple computers with the file and downloads different parts of the file from each computer. Likewise, when sending a torrent, the server may send the file to multiple computers before it reaches the recipient. The result is a lower average bandwidth usage, which speeds up file transfers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In order to download a torrent you need a program installed. If you're on Windows uTorrent is a good free program.

A torrent is a file that you download and then open in the program that you've installed for it. Like uTorrent.

uTorrent and the torrent file together will connect your computer with other computers (of people like you) who have, say the ebook you are trying to download on their computer. Then you will download it from them.

If you are done downloading leave the program running. Other people can download from you that way. This is how the system works.

(It's a bit more complicated technically, but it's something like that.)

Make sure that you aren't downloading files that have copyright on them. In some countries downloading it might not be illegal but when you use torrents you will also be uploading and this is always illegal.

To find torrents you need to visit torrent websites. Google them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

1. What are torrents?

MOST TORRENTS ARE ILLEGAL

2. Are there different torrents for different downloads?

Not necessarily, you can usually find the same downloads on various torrents. For example I probably could find the same song on Limewire and UTorrent.

3. What torrent should I download in order to download some ebooks and also for some sitcom?

NONE. Just buy some.

Back it up a lil would ya!?

Sure. If you want to use a torrent, by all means go ahead. Imagine this, torrents often give you viruses, may slow down your computer, and could even get you into serious trouble. The average CD costs about $5, the fine for illegally downloading even just one song can be up to $300.

Not to long ago a man was charged for downloading I think 3 songs. Each by a different recording company. Each recording company sued him for OVER $300. One took things higher and sued him for $800.

• 1 decade ago

what are torrents:suppose i have a file,and u want this file.and i ready to share this file to u.now u connect to my pc,and start to download it.but condition is that u will also share the same file to other body(not necessary once u downloaded whole file,)in this way a large group of person share files (all over world) among themself.this is basic.

now to download torrent files u need a torrent client software.there r many client software like utorrent,bittorrent etc.once u installed this software u can brows for files(software,books anything).then u need to download that file normally it is small file around 25kb to 50 kb.then it added to client software and ur pc start to download files

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

It's against the law to download copyrighted torrents and you will enter trouble. I highly recommend having a VPN service whenever downloading torrents. I am using http://www.vpnmaster.org theyallow torrents on their European VPN servers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes he is right, most torrents are illegal. ur illegally obtaining files or programs by sharing. even though it is illegal though tons of people do it

• Anonymous
    6 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.