What are your thoughts on the confederate flag?

Like how do you feel about it and do you consider it treason or history and heritage..

Favorite Answer

See, i dont get this.

I'm a white boy “so im called by black people” and this flag is apart of WHITE HISTORY! They expect me to sit in a class room and have to listen about Rosa Parks, Lewis Farkon, Martin luther king and, other black people thats apart of their history.

I see them blacks sportin Malcom x shirts all the time. Aint that kinda not fair. Malcom x wanted a revelution against white people, so i find the X shirt offensive, but it will not change. I will fly my flag, and support my heratige, and if you dont like it, blow me.

• Bub

History

Tell you the truth. the Democrats have more history with the confederate flag. More so than the Republicans.

The left wing controlled the south, before, during, and in some time after the Civil War.

The Republicans controlled the North.

Also. Back in those days. The Democrats where the ones for slavery. While the Republicans where against it.

I don't know about you. But it seems week after week. That the liberal left, are acting more like the left had been. Back during those KKK and other anti group days.

Relying on government aid checks = Keeping the uneducated in slavery. Keeping those from making something of themselves.

Source(s): Basic history. Hispanic Independent.

i might say no, and this isn't any longer allowed to be displayed in worker parking plenty the two on automobiles or automobiles. exterior of there, this is a civil superb. no longer each and every accomplice supporter or flag lover feels that each and each black individual must be shipped decrease back to Africa on bannana boats. For some it symbolizes the Southern way of existence that became needed exterior of the Union. yet because of the fact the flag is crammed with plenty controversy and various of alternative do see it as a racist symbolization, it must be banned from colleges and worker parking plenty. no longer each and every business business enterprise bans the flag, yet many do. some enable it. sturdy success with college.

Treason.

• marie

It makes me think the person wants to associate themselves with some of the platforms of the confederate party, and I would think they would most likely be "redneck" and racist.

It is a little strange to me to claim it is just "history." That's like saying wearing a swastika band on your arm is just honoring history....

Historical. Nothing more no less, marks a dark period in America's history, (pardon the pun) and should be treated as such.

This comes from a yankee New Yorker.

It is part of history.

Nobody can attribute one or two negative beliefs to it.

It stood for and now stands for many different things.

People should stop whining about silliness like that and start tending to the important stuff, like a president and congress who want to spend us into oblivion and make us look like a socialist state.

Kinda weird. I grew up in Montana so I wasn't really exposed to it, but I wonder what it would be like going to Germany and seeing swastikas on belt buckles and pick-up trucks.

It's history and a part of my heritage since my ancesters fought and some died under that flag.