Help finding the name of movie?

I saw this movie when I was younger, back when they did not provide the title with a push of a button. Im sure it was an action movie. A man killed an entire family with a gun in an apartment ( I recall the little boy hiding in the closet and getting killed and some trying to leave by way of the fire escape). Another scene I remember is a couple making love in a hotel room and the gunman coming in and shooting them. I was thinking it was probably Scarface ( i didn't see it). I am not exactly sure.

If anyone could provide me with the title, it will be appreciated because it has been bugging me and I will like to see it again. Sorry that I can't remember more.

Favorite Answer

There was a scene like that in the movie "Hard To Kill" with Steven Seagal.....Also "similar" scene in the movie "Hannie Callder" with Raquel Welch.

Cidade de Deus/City of God? (granted that was only 7 years ago)