Are "Messianic" Jews a real religion? Why can't they just be Jews or Christians?

Jews all say that that "Messianic" Jews are not Jews.
"Messianic" Jews claim to be Jews but are not accepted as such by other Jews.
Do i have to become a Jew to be a Christian?
Update: Devoted 1, i am seeking knowledge about things i don't understand. Your group and Jews debate a lot whenever i ask and i often get violation for asking about you. My family was never Jewish but we converted to Christianity centuries when French Jesuits lived with the American Indians. can you tell me why i am... show more Devoted 1, i am seeking knowledge about things i don't understand. Your group and Jews debate a lot whenever i ask and i often get violation for asking about you. My family was never Jewish but we converted to Christianity centuries when French Jesuits lived with the American Indians. can you tell me why i am not Christian even though i was never a Jew?
Update 2: Devoted 1 what i really don't know is what a "Messianic Jews" is. I know i am not what you call Torah observant and i know my ancestors would not have converted to Christianity if they said we had to raise our meat on farms instead of hunting elk, deer, and bear like we always have