What do you think about Slovakia???????????

I just want to know your honest opinion

Favorite Answer

Well, I've been going to Slovakia almost every year since 1999. I've been all over (Bratislava, Nitra, Zilina, Prievidza, Trnava, Roznava, Liptovsky Mikulas, Medzilaborce in the Zemplin region and a village in the southwest on the border with Ukraine) I spent about 3 months living in Petrazalka once and another time about 3 months staying at a place called Mlada Garda in Bratislava.

The very first time I arrived in Slovakia was in December 1999 by coach from London and I was a bit shocked, a bit surprised - it all seemed very grey and dark and cold and not so friendly, I only stayed a few days before going to the Czech Republic. But I returned in the summer of 2001 and have been going more or less every year since. Slovakia has changed SO much in the last 10 years, it's amazing really. I like Slovakia, I've never really had any problems there (except once when I was drugged and attacked in a village near the Ukraine border!) Oh well.

I've met many lovely Slovak people and spent one Christmas with a Slovak family near Nitra.....and drank some lovely and potent homemade Slivovica! I speak a few words of Slovak, very, VERY basic. Slovakia has wonderful scenery! It used to be much cheaper before, prices have really gone up in the last few years but of course it's still cheaper than Ireland.

In a way I view Slovakia almost as a second home, in a way. I feel like I've never left whenever I go there as I know all the streets and stuff in BA. I always tell Slovak people that I like Halusky but it's just to be polite, I don't really like it. I don't like Langos either, lol. And I don't like baguettes or sandwiches with cabbage in them! I think Slovak people have become more friendly over the years, possibly because more and more tourists now go there......when I went in 1999 very few people even knew where Slovakia was and there was no cheap flights to Stefanik!.....all that's changed now. It's a pity because these days BA is packed full of stag parties etc and I HATE that. That's why when I go back to Slovakia I don't stay in BA any more. Progress, eh! But yeah, I like Slovakia : ) A lot of memories from my years going there.

It's a cool country. The capital,Bratislava, is very beautiful. It's kind of overlooked since it is near the Czech Republic so everyone goes there instead but it is a great place to teach English.

I dont realise why folks are hating and announcing its a dumb query... Hes asking if you happen to suppose they are able to beat Finland or now not. Obviously we dont realize the reply considering that the sport has but to be performed. Now with reference on your query, sure I suppose they'll beat Finland.

I don't no anything about Slovakia.