Kathy Reichs vs Patricia Cornwell?

I've never actually read any of Patricia Cornwell's books, but I have all of Kathy Reichs. Now I have noticed around that Kathy Reichs is quite often compared with Patricia Cornwell. In your opinion who has the better books? Please explain why as I haven't read any of Patricia's books.

Favorite Answer

They're compared because their main characters are both female forensic experts, and in fact Cornwell is often credited with inventing that mystery sub-genre.

I like the Reichs books better, though the first 5-6 of Cornwell's were excellent and her last 2-3 were good, but in the middle the main character got so self-involved it even the romance elements read more than a soap opera.

You might like the mysteries of Aaron Elkins, who is also an anthropologist in the NW.

I want the different Cornwell, Bernard, his historic conflict thoughts are remarkable. "The Gallows Thief" is only slightly a secret with a historic putting. in case you desire to stay firmly interior the secret form, supply Patricia a attempt. At worst you will only hate her writtings and could never study them back; or you may stumble on a outstanding author to characteristic on your lists.