Carpet Cleaning with toddler in the home.?

We need our carpet cleaned,really very badly. My son is 15 months old and I am concerned as to how to properly go about getting this done. I have heard of the Kawaski Disease and how it is has recently been thought to have been caused by carpet cleaning in a few cases. My son also has Excema and some allergies and... show more We need our carpet cleaned,really very badly. My son is 15 months old and I am concerned as to how to properly go about getting this done. I have heard of the Kawaski Disease and how it is has recently been thought to have been caused by carpet cleaning in a few cases. My son also has Excema and some allergies and a lot of the ingredients in carpet cleaners are potentially dangerous. Everyone advises professional cleaning but that doesn't mean the products won't be harmful. If anyone has had this experience and can offer any advice I ask that you please share as we're planning to do it this weekend,only if we are sure it will be safe for my son.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Update: Ah, we live in an apartment so I don't have the option of pulling it up, unfortunately.
Update 2: About the Kawasaki- I ask because there was a group of people who's children all got it around the same time (no these people didn't know each other nor were they Korean or Japanese) and the only common thread was having their carpet cleaned not long before the sickness. We had a well child check up today... show more About the Kawasaki- I ask because there was a group of people who's children all got it around the same time (no these people didn't know each other nor were they Korean or Japanese) and the only common thread was having their carpet cleaned not long before the sickness. We had a well child check up today and his pediatrician said she's not encountered that being a reason for it yet. However, she did confirm the same worry for his skin after the carpet cleaning. Your chemicals might not be harmful(to the person who responded second) but most are. I've done a fair bit of research and though things have improved they aren't 100% safe,not in my book. Any chemical or surface is a potential skin irritant. As Excema is an over reaction of the immune system it over reacts to the irritation causing the rash and itchiness. I'm undecided as of yet just what to do,but I'm definitely not of the belief it's completely safe,mainly for his skin.