A tiger doesn’t change his stripes meaning?

What does:

"A tiger doesn’t change his stripes"

mean?

10 points to best answer!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It means that a person doesn't change.

Just like a tiger can't change his stripes to spots, triangles, etc. whenever he feels like it, every person has his or her own personal characteristics that are unchangeable, or at least very difficult to change.

For example, let's take Jim, who is always late to the office. One day, Jim says to two of his coworkers: "Tomorrow, I'm going to make sure to be on time for the big early meeting!"

After Jim leaves, one coworker turns to the other and says, "I don't believe it for a second. A tiger doesn't change his stripes."

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

A tiger doesn’t change his stripes meaning?

What does:

"A tiger doesn’t change his stripes"

mean?

10 points to best answer!

Source(s): tiger doesn change stripes meaning: https://shortly.im/p9yz1
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course, right now the saying "A tiger doesn’t change his stripes!" is being applied to the famous golfer TIGER WOODS.

Originally ..........................

Idiom Definitions for 'Leopard can't change its spots'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This idiom means that people cannot change basic aspects of their character, especially negative ones. ("A leopard doesn't change its spots" is also used.)

Since he has been caught CHEATING on his beautiful wife Elin. Apparently there were a few indiscretions, so his behavior is being really capitalized upon.

The question is, will he change?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A person does not easily change from his history of bad behavior, and has the likelihood of continuing in it (or is not likely to maintain the good behavior no matter how many promises he makes.)

Source(s): English Teacher
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Once you do something you don't change. If a person does something bad, he usually doesn't change he continue to be the same bad person he was.

• 1 decade ago

That is also expressed as "A leopard cannot change its spots." The idea is the same. We are what we are. We can change our superficial behavior, but our essential nature is set in stone in our youth. That is why St Thomas Aquinas said "Give me a child before he/she is 7 and I (Christianity) will have him/her for the rest of his/her life."

• shir
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is used to insinuate that a person cannot change-that whatever particular thing it applies to is something that is natural to them and can't be changed.

• 4 years ago

Think positively and the answer would be: once a doctor always a doctor. No matter the circumstances. Helping someone because he is and not for the reward.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.