I am feeling the most depressed i have ever felt right now ... my most appealing offer right now is death..?

Not going into everythiiiiing;

Basically I am really really struggling to see the reasons to stay alive right now.

Yup, i'm sure i am amazingly selfish and cold hearted for even saying that, i have a roof over my head, both my parents alive .. but that just makes me even more angry and makes me feel even more like i don't even deserve my life...

SO;

- Can you give me any idea's of things i could do to take my mind off of what i'm thinking about, maybe tell me something that is good that is actually happening right now?

Thank you xx

Favorite Answer

I was having a discussion with my friends last week, and they pretty much said that suicide was selfish -- I said it wasn't in all cases, as sometimes people cannot control their psychological emotions, and let them take over, and that leads to suicide. What you are feeling is not selfish in the least -- you're going through a tough time. It's understandable that you would feel like ending it all, especially when you have so many emotions, and, assuming that you're a teenager, you do not know exactly how to handle those emotions, and they can take over, whether or not you want them to. Also, it's hard to ask for help. I've had thoughts of suicide before. At the time, I was afraid to get the help that I needed, but finally got some help without actually informing my parents that I was having thoughts of suicide. The most important thing you need right now is to realize that there is a reason to live. Again, assuming you're a teenager, you just haven't found your reason quite yet. But that's normal for teenagers.

It sounds as though you do not want to discuss this with your parents, and, as far as I know, you need parental consent to go to therapy. You can ask your parents to go to therapy, but they might want to know why you want to go to therapy, which can lead to you having to tell your parents why you want to go. It sounds, to me, at least, that you don't want to tell your parents what is going on. So, my best suggestion as of now would be to call a suicide hotline. They're open twenty-four hours a day, and seven days a week, and they have people available that will help you with your problems, and will give you guidance. They are toll-free, and do not show up on phone bills. Below, I have posted two national suicide hotlines in the United States.

11-800-SUICIDE

(1-800-784-2433)

1-800-273-TALK

(1-800-273-8255)

Since I do not know exactly what is causing these feelings, I have decided to list a few United States gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered and questioning youth in the United States.

One if the Trevor Project. The Trevor Project operates the nations only 24/7 crisis & suicide prevention helpline for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth. If you or a friend are feeling lost or alone call The Trevor Helpline. There is hope, there is help.

Trevor Project:

1-866-488-7386

If you are not from the United States, then you may want to look at this website I found, which lists different international hotlines, and different international centers, located in different countries. If you live in the United Kingdom, you may want to call "The Samaritans". They have lines in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. "The Samaritans" is for not only teenagers, but for people of all ages who just need someone to talk to.

Phone:

United Kingdom: 08457 90 90 90

Republic of Ireland: 1850 60 90 90

Also, depending on where you live, I have listed some other suicide hotlines I have found, country granting. Since I do not know where you live, as you very well may live outside of the United States and the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, I will list a few suicide hotlines that you may want to check out.

France:

01 45 39 40 00

Australia:

1300 13 11 14

New Zealand:

5222-999 within Auckland

0800 111-777 outside Auckland

Netherlands:

0900-1450

Belgium:

02 649 95 55

Germany:

111 0 333 (for kids/teens)

Here, you may be able to find some suicide hotlines in various countries, dependant on where you live. The site has phone numbers to national suicide hotlines in many European countries, and has links to many sites where you may be able to find phone numbers to suicide hotlines in whatever country in which you live:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Suicide_hotlines

You might also suggest talking to a guidance counselor at school. He or she will not inform your parents of anything that goes on inside the room, just like with professional therapists, and, again, like professional therapists, he or she will ONLY tell your parents what has gone on in the room if he or she fears for your safety, or the safety of someone else. I think that talking to a guidance counselor is the best option for you right now, as he or she will help you tell your parents -- it's better to do it with someone there, then to do it by yourself. It's less intimidating, and you can have someone to back you up if your parents get angry, or if they question your motives, which -- let's face it -- is likely to happen when and if you tell your parents.

Do not hesitate to e-mail me if you ever need or want help -- I am going through a somewhat similar situation, although to a lesser extent, right now, and I will gladly help you in any thing that you need, regardless of whether or not I am not as educated as the next guy. If you need to let something out, and get something off of your chest, e-mail me whenever you want or need.

Take care

All the best ♥

• stef

Polly I feel horrible because I can't say or do anything to make you feel better. I just keep thinking and thinking about something that might help you take your mind off things , even temporarily, but I'm stuck. Remember that thing you told me about how it felt strange having someone be dependent on you you, being the reason that *they* wake up every morning? Think about what would happen if you were gone. They would probably be so overwhelmed with misery that they would take their own life too. You are their rock, their support system and without you their life seems hopeless. Now think about how greatly that speaks of your character. You are obviously an exceptional person. You must be very strong and inspiring for your friend to be that dependent on you. EVERYONE and everything that is alive deserves to be living. Never make yourself feel like you are an exception to that rule. On the contrary, you deserve this life more than a lot of other people because you are using it to help others and be a person of strength. Polly, you might think that taking your own life would be a painless option but it would be incredibly, devastatingly painful on your boyfriend, family and friends. They would always wonder what more they could have done to help you and carry a gaping hole in their hearts with them for the rest of their lives. Do you really want to do that to them? You have been dealt some very hard cards in life, but the pain is only temporary. The reason to stay alive is so that you can see all of the good and progress that comes out of your life once all this pain has resided. The reason to stay alive is so that you can continue to support your friends and be a source of light in their life. The reason to stay alive is because there is so much wonderful potential in your future and if you take your life now, you will never get to know how far you could have pushed that!

Darling, you seriously need a vacation! Give yourself some time to relax. Hang out with your friends and have fun, light conversations for a change. Exercise, focus on school work, paint, dance, sleep, watch silly Youtube videos. I'll tell you what is good, life is good! I mean, ok, life sucks sometimes and life can be very difficult. But in the end it's only as difficult as you make it, whether conscientiously or sub-conscientiously. Wake up one morning and make the decision to move foreword and stop dwelling on things that happened in the past and negative things that are happening in the present. Get rid of the people who are bringing you down in life and surround yourself with positiveness. Focus on what you need to achieve to be happy and keeping working towards that no matter what.

I know I sound like a broken record player but I just want you to be happy.

Samaritans

Phone

UK: 08457 90 90 90

xxx

• RINA

Polly!

Ohmygod, please don't do anything. You can email me if you want to talk about.

I really hope everything would work out for you.

But no matter what time will heal things. Because Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It Passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. And all the bad stuff, it'll be over. No matter what happens, you need to be the strong person you are and just think about how amazing it will all be once it's over.

Right now, if I were you I would get away from everything. Not run away, but take a break.. It's Christmas time ( 8 days. ) and by then everything will work out. It's supposed to be a magical time of year. And when 2010 comes, you can start fresh.

Try to keep yourself busy,

and honestly Talk about it to your mom, or siblings.

I really hope it works out=]

Don't worry I use to go threw that. But, it's really all in our heads. I hope that mine is hopefully over forever. I started to think everyone has a reason to live. It's true. Life is an adventure. Adventures aren't always happy but you will get better. You still didn't find the secret to life. Everyone has their own. But, it's just that other people don't think of it as a sercret. The way I get things off my head is being at my friend's house. But, remember life live to it's fullest no matter what tangles and walls are in the way. Life live the way you want it to be.

Find a new hobby! Maybe things like drawing, music, dancing, acting, sports. ..etc.

Spend more time with friends like going shopping. Spending time with family is good too, maybe watch a movie.

Talk to someone about this, your friends, family, consellors. Talking it out always make it feel better.

Life is a rollercoast no matter how low it is right, things will ALWAYS get better. I speak from experience. If you end it right now, then you're not giving an opportunity to rise up again. Don't give up, you know you're much stronger than this. Suicide is never the answer.

*hugs* Feel free to e-mail me too, I'm always happy to talk.

Source(s): Kate

heya i really understand how you feel! When i was 12 i tried 4 times and when i was 13 bot 3 times. I'm now 14 and i haven't tried. i know that sounds unbelievably selfish. I don't really know why i feel this down and worthless . I have good friends and social life and stuff but when i'm left alone with my head scary thoughts creep into my head and i feel so worthless and paranoid. even with all the people that love me i still feel alone . no one knows i feel like this, i put on a show so no one notices. when i get this low i make myself think about the future and what i want to do. all i can say is don't turn to drugs and stuff they really ****** up my head and self harm makes my feel so aware of my arms. when you feel this low just think of the people that love you. i also think that it would really mess up my boyfriend's and best friend's lives and they would feel so bad. Their are people out there whos job is to help.

I Hope I Helped You

LoTs Of LoVe

XxX Sky Lowe XxX

Source(s): Life

It seems like the problem is you only know 1 world. If you live in a diverse community you see all types of "worlds" and coping mechanisms. My best offer to you is get out there and do some volunteer work (not because you have to, because you want to) like helping at the Boys and Girls Club or Salvation Army. Find your niche! Know there are so many worlds out there.

Until then, you out for a jog! Fresh air will do you good.

Source(s): I work with troubled youth

This will sound cliche but suicide is never the answer.

The amazing thing about life is that it has the unique ability to change at any given moment.

Just when you are on top of the world all of the walls around you can come crashing down.

But the same is true on the opposite. You may be down right now but I guarantee that it won't be that way forever.

Hope is a powerful thing.

NEVER give up hope....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n44hl9J7xoM

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=video_response

Polly, please watch this video. What he's saying is true and you need to hear it. I don't know what to say but I've been in your position before and know that the pain you are feeling is excruciating but the pain of parents who have lost their daughter is even worse. You're not the only one who feels like this and even people with brave faces struggle with their own issues. Perhaps if you shared a few of your problems people could give you advice on how to handle them and support. I know it's hard to share something personal and you don't have to if you don't want to but remember that you are not alone.

^ Murray, thankyou for giving an excellent answer.

I hate you feeling this way :\

i don't really know. i would say go out with some of your good friends but it's 10.10pm.

i know you're not gonna take my advice, but i honestly think you should tell your mum you're at your lowest point yet, so she can stay with you the whole night, and make sure you don't do anything stupid.

maybe go to sleep? take sleeping pills? only the reccommended amount. no more.