what does the error message 2112 mean on sprint text messaging?

Favorite Answer

its a error on the sprint side of the network

I have this problem too on Sprint with my Palm Pre. A Google search shows it's widespread and Crackberry reports it's due to a line being cut somewhere and should be repaired within an hour or two. Thank goodness for gDial Pro so I can keep texting :). PS: I still love sprint. If this is the worst thing that ever happens I'll be happy.

I finally got through to sprint after being on hold for ins. They pretty much said they don't know whats going on and that millions of people are calling them. They said they were testing the network and they got that error 2112 and they don't even know what it means. They also said they have the technical and "advanced" techs working on it, and wont know when it will work again.

IMO, we should get a text credit to our account. If this lasts very long.

I can't send text messages, but can get them.

Source(s): Myself, Called In

I just got off the phone with Quincy at Sprint and there has been a network issue with texting and some internet access also.

They are working to get it fixed. It should be fixed within the next few hours. I

t's not us as the users its Sprints network that is having the issues.

Hope this helps!!

Source(s): it's been happening to me!!

I've had the problem for the last couple hours. I called Sprint and the lady said it's a "known issue," meaning lots of Sprint users are suddenly having this issue, calling Sprint about it, and Sprint is trying to fix it. But they don't know what's causing it, how to fix it, or how long it will take. She did say once it's fixed all texts we missed will *probably come thru at once. We'll see. Anyway, this sucks. Oh, and I'm in Austin.

• I am on hold with sprint customer service, probably like a million other sprint users right now!

This is the crappiest phone company in the flipping world. I am so done with Sprint after my contract is up! What junk!

Springfield, IL

Sprint LG Rumor

Been happening since 11:15 in my time zone.

Hey, I'm in SD,CA and it looks like its some of Sprints typical crap. The only reason I'm still with them is cause they charge you like $250 a line to cancel a contract. This 2112 error isn't allowing me to send any message. Next year I'm saying bye bye to sprint.

Source(s): personal experience

Me too! I'm so pist off right now!!! Same time, 9:15

San Francisco,CA here on a Sprint Instinct ! .. I called those idiots and it automatically DISCONNECTED me when I selected to transfer to a rep in tech support! what the hell is up with that??

This is ridiculous.. of course, it would have to crash AFTER the customer service center closes for the day @.@

It's 11:00 PM (PST) and the text messaging service is back on track.

If you have the problem again, do what I did go to your settings > network> select "ROAM ONLY" and it will use the other network ( ONLY use this option if you have unlimited roaming/data roam on your plan or you will be charged an arm and a leg >.< )

Ditto in NYC on palm pre (sprint). Still happening right now. Reboot doesn't do jack -- stop saying that fixes everything.

$100 says some tech twa*t over there messed with some code and took the whole thing down. Maybe fell asleep on his keyboard? Sprint techs = geniuses!

Gonna use their contract terms change coming up in january to free cancel this p.o.s. service once and for all.

Source(s): the dude

Got the same problem. Using the LG Rumor 2. Started at about 11:30

Source(s): Personal

I just got it at 9 on the dot as well. I wonder it probably s a network error and we all have to just wait it out.

I have the LG Rumor 2 and I'm in WA. Same thing is happening with my brother but he has the Exclaim

Or we can be paranoid. Anyone seen Terminator 3? :P