• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it starts with the letter E

• Login to reply the answers
  • Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

when i lived in ecuador they had a tradition called carnival. in ibarra the they use water ballons everyday for six weeks. i loved it it was great getting everybody wet everyday and not getting i trouble. i believe this nis the only cty that did ths. in ambato carnival is finished with " las fiestas de flores" the flower festival where everybody lines the street watching a parade where the floates are made of flowers.i know that each providence has a special day or week of celebrtation. Quito's celebration is in december where its one big party and they have bull fights. wheni was there i was able to buy the banderillas ( those things that get put in the bulls back so they are weaker for the bull fighter) . in imbabura there are towns that ahve specialty items. for example cotacachi sells leather goods, san antonio sells wooden crafts, and octavalo has probably the biggest indian market in the world where you can buy all indian crafts, sweaters, tapastries and everything is made by hand. it used to be on saturday's and the best thing about this place is you can bargain. which is done all over ecuador and latin america. the more spansh you vcan speak the cheaper the items become. .

• 1 decade ago

Fun & Interesting Facts about Ecuador :

The official name of Ecuador is the ‘Republic of Ecuador’.

The official language of Ecuador isSpanish. However, Quechua and other indigenous languages are also widely spoken here.

Majority of the people in Ecuador are Roman Catholics.

The main ethnic groups in Ecuador include Mestizo, Amerindian, Spanish and Blacks.

The currency of Ecuador is US Dollar (US$), since January 2001.

The capital of Ecuador is Quito.

Ecuador follows the system of ‘Presidential Republic’.

Ecuador gained independence from Spain on 24th May 1822 and from Gran Colombia, on 13th May 1830.

Chimborazo Volcano, at 6310, forms the highest point in Ecuador, while the lowest point is formed by Pacific Ocean.

Ecuador has many active volcanoes and also, one of the greatest densities of volcanoes in the world.

Ecuador is divided into four geographical regions, namely The Coastal Area (Litoral), The Andean Highlands (Sierra), The Amazon (Oriente) and The Galapagos Islands.

Ecuador is one of only two countries in South America that do not share a border with Brazil.

Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador, apart from being a major port and a leading commercial center.

Ecuador is the smallest country in the Andean highlands.

In Ecuador, about 10 percent of the population is of European descent, a quarter of indigenous cultures and the rest has mixed ethnicity.

Petroleum, food processing, textiles and metal work are the main industries of Ecuador.

The second highest point in Ecuador is Cotopaxi, one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.

The term Ecuador means equator in Spanish. In fact, the country has been named after equator, which passes through it.

Quito served as the capital of the northern half of the Inca Empire, in the early sixteenth century.

Ecuador was a part of the Inca Empire, before the arrival of the Spanish, in 1534.

Galapagos Islands make up the first National Park of Ecuador.

Majority of the balsa wood in the world comes from Ecuador.

Quinine, the first drug used to prevent and treat malaria, is obtained from the bark of the cinchona tree that grows in the Andes mountain range, in Ecuador and Peru.

Guinea pig is considered to be a delicacy in Ecuador.

Quito is said to have the most pleasant temperature in the world and has been given the name of the “Land of Eternal Spring”.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's nothing fun about Ecuador

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Equator is an invisible line that goes around the Earth

• 1 decade ago

It ends with the letter R

• rawr
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's in South America.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ecuadoreans prefer walnuts to almonds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is on the Equator.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think you spelt it wrongly.. lol..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.