Penelope asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Can hair loss be triggered by stress/depression?

I am only 20 and I have been losing a lot of hair lately (specifically in the back of my head). I didn't think much about it until my mom and sister pointed out that I was getting a bald spot. I don't know why this is happening to me. I have clinical depression (not taking meds at the time) and have been under more stress than usual. Can this be the cause?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes you can experience hair loss because of stress or depression.If you really want to stop the hair loss then you need to use a hair treatment like provillus. I've been on it for 5 weeks and i must say there is a major improvement in my part. It has all the vitamins your hair needs and much more.I've used it and I had very good results.Provillus contains the only FDA-approved topical ingredient clinically proven to re grow hair.

I am sure this product will be worth your time for a second look since your money would be going into the right hands. In a survey conducted, 18 out of 20 people experienced a drastic change after using this product. None experienced any side effects.

Provillus offers the best possible and perennial solution for this problem for both men and women. One of the best parts of the provillus treatment is that it uses natural ingredients. This has accounted for its rising popularity. Thus it leaves the other products behind in this context, since most of the products contain harmful chemicals.

Provillus basically functions by removing the main cause of hair loss i.e. DHT. DHT damages the hair follicles and is responsible for the thinning of hair. It also restricts the re-growth of new hair. Provillus prevents its formation and it also promotes the growth of the new hair.

I use it once a day every evening. The area which i was balding in was the top middle portion of my head, not sure why cause no one in my family is loosing hair accept me so its not genetic. I have regrowth in that area, few strands are coming up and my wife says its so much better than it was before.

Well you might be aware that it is available for both men and women. The saw palmetto extract is basically present in the men's version whereas a combination of acids is present in the female version. Thus in addition to the solution of problem of hair loss it also nourishes hair.

Till now Provillus has been getting positive feedbacks so you needn't worry and instead be assured. It offers the its users complete satisfaction.

If you would like more information on what a natural hair re-growth product can do for you. I urge you to visit the url in the source box below.

• 1 decade ago

I've found an article that may help you with your question:

Let's face it, there are a lot of reasons why hair loss and stress are connected. Most dermatologists point their finger at hormones and hereditary factors as the main reasons why losing your hair happens.

But there are other things that also affect thinning hair, factors such as diet, age and yes even stress. While it might not be obvious to the layman, there has been a connection between hair loss and stress seen by many experts.

The type of stress that causes your hair to fall out isn't what most people feel after a long, tiring day at work. Job or life related stress isn't enough to trigger thinning hair because if it is, then everyone suffers from stress-related hair-loss.

Just how then are hair loss and stress connected? It is the type of stress a person experiences after going through severe injury, illness, surgery and even extreme emotional or psychological distress. For example, for women -- the stress of miscarriage and childbirth could likely contribute to thinning hair.

And also -- the hormone DHT which is a by-product of testosterone. It's present in both men and women and responsible for thinning hair because it chokes the hair follicles until the hair falls out.

However, it can be treated by taking the right nutrients and other ingredients which fights the DHT in your body. Various herb extracts and vitamins not only help your hair grow stronger but they also promote good health.

A substance called Minoxidil (FDA approved) when directly applied to your scalp blocks the DHT and encourages new growth. Herb extracts such as Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root also inhibits DHT, supports prostate health and gives your immune system a boost.

Specific vitamins and minerals that target hair growth are vitamin B6, B7 (Biotin), magnesium and zinc. All these specific ingredients work together to help you manage hair loss and stress more effectively.

Make no mistake about it. There are many types of stress and hair loss, but the above mentioned ingredients when combined is the best way to re-grow your hair, keep the strands you already have and promote a healthy body -- which makes managing stress levels a little easier

Visit the link below and learn about a remedy for hair loss and stress that's natural. Discover a healthy thinning hair treatment which uses natural ingredients to promote new growth plus give you optimum health.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): #1 Hair Loss Solution - http://HairLoss.siopu.com/?ebk
  • 4 years ago

Both emotional and physical stress (such as a serious illness or recovery from surgery) have been associated with hair loss. It is possible that stress induces hormonal changes that are responsible for the hair loss, since hair loss is a known consequence of other hormonal changes due to pregnancy, thyroid disturbances, or even from taking oral contraceptives. Nervous habits, such as scalp rubbing or hair twisting or pulling may also be responsible for hair loss. These habits may be responses to psychological stress in some people and may be another cause of stress-related hair loss. The hair loss from hormonal changes often disappears after a period of months to two years. As with other stress-related symptoms, learning and practicing effective stress-management techniques can help reduce the severity of the symptoms.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Get your stress under control. Stress damages all of your body, and your hair is no exception. Loss of hair can be one of your body's primary signals that you're overdoing things and that it's time to pull back. you can also try bio hair treatment and biotin capsules and Avoid food or eating habits that can inhibit hair growth or encourage hair loss.

• Evan
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Source(s): Treatments For Hair Loss http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?R2F4
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.