Which World of Warcraft edition should I purchase?

I know that there is just the copy with the original game for $20, the BattleChest for $40, where I get more for my momey, and Collector's edition, which I would love, but could never afford. I'm tempted to get the $20 copy simply because I'm a collector type of person, and like the feel of having the original box for everything, not the slip case I would recieve in the BattleChest. A little help?

Favorite Answer

What is World of Warcraft?

World of Warcraft is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). In World of Warcraft, thousands of players adventure together in an enormous, persistent game world, forming friendships, slaying monsters, and engaging in epic quests that can span days or weeks.

What is an MMORPG?

MMORPG stands for "massively multiplayer online role-playing game." In an MMORPG, thousands of players exist in the same game world at the same time. This creates an incredibly rich and active environment in which interesting things are constantly taking place. MMORPGs provide thousands of hours of game play, with a nearly infinite variety of goals to achieve across a vast world covering miles of land and sea. For World of Warcraft, new content is also added on a regular basis, thus ensuring that there will always be new adventures, new locations, new creatures, and new items to discover.

Is there a monthly fee to play the game?

Yes. After the end of the free month included with the game, you need a subscription in order to continue playing the game. There are three subscription options: a month-to-month package at $14.99 per month, a three-month plan at $13.99 per month, and a six-month plan at $12.99 per month.

Why isn't World of Warcraft free?

The fee is used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that go into World of Warcraft.

Are there multiple methods of payment?

Yes, customers can pay their subscription fees using credit cards, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards, which can be purchased in many game and electronics stores.

Prepaid Game Cards make great gifts and are an easy way to create a new subscription or extend an existing one. These cards retail in most game stores for $29.99 and add 60 calendar days of play time to an account.

It is possible to begin playing just by purchasing the original World of Warcraft game without any of the expansions; costing you $19.99 only. You'll not need to purchase The Burning Crusade expansion until you reach Level 60 and Wrath of the Lich King expansion only when you reach Level 70.

However, the best buy would be the World of Warcraft Battle Chest which costs $39.99 and includes:

1) The original World of Warcraft game ($19.99 if bought separately)

2) The Burning Crusade expansion ($29.99 if bought separately)

3) A World of Warcraft Strategy Guide from Brady Games

4) The Burning Crusade Strategy Guide from Brady Games

You might like to note that the purchase of the original World of Warcraft game includes 30 days of game time; while no additional game time is provided when purchasing the expansions The Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King.

In order to create an account and claim your first 30 free days using a Retail Authentication Key from the original World of Warcraft game or World of Warcraft Battle Chest, you would normally need a valid credit card or a code from an unused pre-paid game card.

However, if you do not have (or wish to enter) a credit card number or a code from a pre-paid card, you can use the following Authentication Key when creating your account:

<<deleted>> (already sent to asker, click on my avatar and contact me if you want one)

When using the above Authentication Key, you will *NOT* be prompted for any payment information. Another benefit of using this Authentication Key to create your account would be a bonus of 10 days of play time added to your account. After creating your account, login to the Account Management page at:

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/

Once logged in, there will be a clearly marked option for you to enter your Retail Authentication Key to credit your first free month to your account. This would be the World of Warcraft Authentication Key found on the CD disc jacket.

If you purchased the Battle Chest, you'll also be able to enter the Burning Crusade Authentication Key after you complete the above step. To enter your Burning Crusade Authentication Key, simply select the "Upgrade Account" link on the Account Management page or visit:

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/upgrade-ac...

Should you use the above process to create your account, at no time are you required to enter a credit card number or a code from a pre-paid game card in order to obtain your first free month. Your total cost to begin playing with 30 days of game time would only be $19.90 (or $39.90 if you purchase the Battle Chest).

Welcome and do enjoy your stay!

1

Source(s): WoW Power Leveling http://sparkindl.info/WorldOfWarcraftGuides

I've been in love with Blizzard games since I was 14 years old. I remember starting with Starcraft, moving onto Diablo, then finally finding my true love and passion, World of Warcraft. I've been absolutely addicted to this game for the past few years now. It's such a beautiful, mysterious, but often complex and complicated world of mystery and intrigue. I have, at many times, found myself where you may be now... confused or stumped in some way- and not knowing exactly where to turn or what to do. Or maybe just unsure of how to advance, or reach the next level in my gaming experience. These road-blocks ranged from very simple, basic, or otherwise minor problems to complicated and complex issues. Both technical and in-game. I did and still do find GREAT help, on ANYTHING WoW related, within the infamous Zygor guides at http://www.zygorguides.pcti-system.com/ .. These guides are like the Bible of WoW, the Encyclopedia Britannica for anything World of Warcraft. My go-to guide for just about anything and everything. And unlike others, these guides are integrated IN-GAME. Listed below are some of the things that currently come to mind:

-1-90 In-Game Leveling and Loremaster Guide

-Dailies and Events Guide

-Dungeon and Gear Guide

-Professions and Achievements Guide

-Pets and Mounts Guide

-Titles, Reputation, and Macros Guide

...The list goes on and on.

Anyways, I hope I was of some help to you. Above all, my greatest recommendation to you from personal experience, is DON'T FORGET that there is still a REAL world out there! Lol. The biggest problem for me that I've come across is my absolute addiction to this game. Like many others out there, WoW has taken over much of my life and free-time. Proceed with caution! FOR THE HORDE! :P

Source(s): WoW Addict, and Blizzard gamer since 98' http://www.zygorguides.pcti-system.com/
  • xK

The base/original game is $20, but with the BattleChest you get the base game ($20), first expansion ($20), and two strategy guides ($40). The BattleChest is definitely the way to go.

(The BattleChest is $30 on Amazon, by the way.)

As a now professional gamer, and leader/co-founder of one of the current top ranking guilds on WoW, I can attest to what that guy said about the Zygor guides from that website http://www.zygorguides.pcti-system.com/ .. When I first started using them, is when I started taking my WoW gaming to a whole new level. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. As advanced as I am now, I still use them as an awesome reference/aid. Highly recommended if you're serious about being an accomplished WoW gamer, or just a newb looking to quickly learn the ropes and advance. On a side note, I am looking forward to the Warlords of Draenor expansion coming in November, and the updated guide to go along with it. Should be epic.

Source(s): Professional Gamer
  • ?

Good Game

For me I got the boxed addition and forgot about the dvd at first so i started to download it off the internet started it at night to download and left it at 6 % and found it in the morning at 6% then i put the disk in and it took only an hour so better to get the box

The battle chest comes with some extra books and stuff if you are into collecting. I got the chest.