Am i going to get home loan approved?

I am software engineer and my current annual salary is 100k. I have a car loan of $460/month for 2 years.my credit score is 669. My credit to debit ratio is 83%/17%. I have late payments listed in my credit history on three of my account and that was 5 years ago. And in last five years everything is perfect. Two of them are closed and one is now open. And i am wondering how bad that negetive information hurt me to get a home loan. If i get approved how much apporoximately i will get?

Best Answer

Hello DP,

I don't understand the "credit to debit ratio is 83%/17%."

But disregarding that, you should be okay to get a good rate (the best rate) with an FHA mortgage at your score of 669.

Assuming your car loan is your only other debt, you could possibly qualify for a mortgage payment of about $2500/month - maybe more, but at least that. This payment includes taxes and insurance for the home.

Further assuming that property taxes are $3000/yr, homeowners insurance is $600/yr, and FHA mortgage insurance is $2100/yr, you could get a loan for about $360,000. FHA requires a minimum 3.5% down payment. There is a strong possibility that minimum could increase to 5.00% early next year. So, if funds could be standing in your way, waiting will cost you more.

Mortgage qualifying and calculating is not that simple however - as you can see from all the assumptions I had to make.

Why not speak to a mortgage expert in your area and get all your questions answered - with specifics.

Good luck.

Source(s): Finance and Mortgage Consultant since 1978 http://newjerseymortgageblog.com/all-about-fha-mor...

The 5 year old late payments will not really be a problem for you.

Buying a house is a step by step process, this is the first step. Once this step is taken the others will fall in place for you.

In order to find out the type of loan programs you are qualified for you will have to fill out a loan application, with a mortgage broker, which you can find one in your local telephone book.

Make sure this mortgage broker or mortgage banker is able to do government loans such as FHA and VA loans if you qualify for one.

He will fill out this application, which takes awhile so grab your favorite beverage and sit down. Once you have completed the application, he will run your credit report which will have your credit scores. These credit scores will determine your interest rate.

The amount of your monthly debt payments you are required to pay as per your credit report and the amount of mortgage you can take on based on your income will determine the amount of house you will be able to purchase.

When you speak with the mortgage broker you will need the following documents to complete the loan application, there will be others, but this will get you started.

#1 One month of pay stubs for each person that will be on the mortgage.

#2 Six months bank statements from each bank in which you bank as well as statements from any 401K from you place of employment.

#3 Two years of federal income tax along with the W-2 that match.

Once he has all that he need to do he can then issue you a pre-approval letter so you can purchase a home. In this pre-approval letter will be the amount of house you are qualified to purchased.

Once he gives you this pre-approval you may now find a real estate agent to find yourself a home or he might have a referral.

Now make sure before you get your pre-approval you and your mortgage broker go over all your options as to the mortgage programs you qualify for, the interest rate, monthly payments.

If you are getting a FHA, fixed rate, two loans to eliminate PMI like an 80/20 or one loan, if you are qualified for and approved for a 100% loan.

You should select the loan that best suit your financial condition at the time. That could be an adjustable rate loan. It could be a fixed rate loan for 5 or 10 years and then adjust. Some adjustable rate mortgages only adjust once.

Make sure your mortgage broker explain all your options so you may make an intelligent decision.

What might be good for one person might not be good for you, in other words just because your friends and all your real estate buddies are telling you about the great fixed rate they got, your financial situation might call for something else.

So select the best option for you and your financial situation.

You should also get a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) which will indicate the cost you will have to pay for getting this loan. It will also indicate the amount of your down payment.

Once you have found a home the real estate agent will then prepare a contract for you and the seller to sign.

Your mortgage broker will now order an appraisal to show proof of the property value.

The mortgage broker might ask for additional information or documentation, don't get all up tight this is normal, just supply the information or find the documents needed.

After the appraisal has been completed you will be called by your mortgage broker to sign your loan docs so you can take possession of your new home.

Before signing any loan docs make sure they say exactly what you and your mortgage broker went over when you decided on what mortgage program was best for you.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck

"FIGHT ON"

You should be able to get a loan. Are you saying 17% of your income goes to debt. Well then you are fine.... if you are applying for an FHA loan ratios for MORTGAGE PAYMENT EXPENSE TO EFFECTIVE INCOME is 29% and TOTAL FIXED PAYMENT TO EFFECTIVE INCOME is 41%. So i think you are good to go. As long as there are no collections, i think you are fine. You should speak to a mortgage company. Good luck

Source(s): www.fha.com

I am currently a homeowner but I am struggling to pay my mortgage. I was making really good money when I bought my home several years back. I then lost my job and have been struggling to make the payments ever since. I am ready to walk away, it just isn't worth it anymore.

• maupin

try yet another lender, that's no longer an spectacular value in case your credit is nice. do no longer forget to acquire an outstanding faith estimate of remaining expenses, basically comparing costs of activity can value you thousands of greenbacks.