BJ Penn is done with LW division in the UFC!!?

Now that Diego got destroyed by Penn, who do you guys think can take this dude on? I can't imagine anybody in the UFC.

I sorta think that Mike Brown or Eddie Alvarez or Jose Aldo can do it. Brown is viciously strong. I just can't imagine too many guys being able to beat him. I'd love to see him take on even some guys in the welterweight division. Guys like Koscheck, Swick, Alvez, Fitch, Kampmann guys like that who are trying to prove themselves yet again. How crazy would it be to watch Fitch vs Penn or Alvez vs Penn?

If you think about it now Penn has nobody in the LW division to fight. I mean Florian got beat. Diego got slaughtered. Stevenson has zero chance still. Every fight with him will be boring in the nature of nobody being able to give him competition. I wasn't even interested in the Sanchez fight because you knew Penn was gonna kill him. Sanchez beat two guys by UD who got killed by Penn.

So really, who do you guys think has a chance against Penn?

I know there's Frank Edgar and Gray Maynard, but they are relatively new. They haven't fought guys who elite LW fighters like Florian.

I never said BJ is boring. BJ is incredible. When I see BJ fight its amazing. That guy can do things I can't imagine most fighters be able to do. He's a jerk but he's awesome.

Best Answer

I think if anybody's got a shot at him, its Gray Maynard. He's a very large lightweight, and a good wrestler. But like everyone else he gives up a lot of skill to Penn. Frank Edgar is very tough with good wrestling also, but is small at 155.

I disagree with your opinion that his upcoming fights will be boring, I like watching BJ fight, when he's standing there's knockout potential, when it goes to the ground you get to see a real technician at work.

Who stands a chance?? No one really. Penn will have 2 more fights at LW before Dana will allow him to move back up to WW. The only 2 potential opponents right now for Penn would be Frankie Edgar, who is just coming off huge wins over Sean Sherk and undefeated Matt Veach. Edgar's sole loss coming to the other person BJ will have to fight, and that's undefeated Gray Maynard.

Are these exciting matches, no. Could either of them beat Penn...no. But before Penn can be considered to have "cleaned out the division" these are the only two people in line who deserve a shot.

LW- Kenny Florian, BJ Penn, Diego Sanchez, Frankie Edgar, gray Maynard WW- GSP, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Martin Kampmann, Mike Swick MW- Anerson Silva, Dan Henderson, Yushin Okami Nate Marquart, Damian Maia LHW- Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Maricio Rua, Thiago Silva HW- Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Antonio Nogueira

I've heard Mike Brown rumored to go to UFC Lightweight, but even if he did I don't think he has what it takes to beat BJ Penn. I still think Urijah Faber is a better fighter than Brown, even though he lost to Brown twice. Maybe if Faber can but on 10-15lbs of muscle he could possibly give Penn a challenge, but most likely not. The best bet for Penn to get beat, in my opinion, is for Diego to recover, train super hard, and maybe he can do something next time.

bj does what bj wants. if he wants to lose, he'll fight a greased-up canadian van damme wanna-be (haha. just kidding...gsp is an awesome fighter!). honestly...light weight division...dana could throw any one at him right now in that weight class and penn will find a way to fight them and beat them the only way he knows how. i don't think he's quite sweeped the division but fighting guys like edgar, maynard, and aldo would only bolster his reputation as being the best light weight champion EVER!

nobody in the lightweight division can hang with BJ Penn, definitely not body in the lower divisions of the WEC. I think BJ could go up to welterweight again and wreck alot of the guys up there, including GSP now that he's actually training, and has an outstanding strength and conditioning program.

Ryan Couture

BJ Penn is a loser, he lacks true spirit and he has no idea how to play the humble role...

no one. Anderson silva would.

Actually, i absolutely do not