How do I transfer (sync?) music from itunes onto my ipod touch? I can't figure it out?!?

I have transferred some music from limewire to itunes - easy done. But how the heck do I get the music from itunes onto my ipod? I have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working!

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

since you say you already have the songs in iTunes, the next part is easy. i, personally, like to "drag and drop" my music onto my iPod. to do that, you must have the box checked that says you want to "manually manage music" on the screen that comes up when you click on the iPod when it's connected to iTunes, like over in the left side panel part. then you will be able to drag and drop the songs you want directly onto your iPod. if you want to add like say an entire album at once, click on the first song of the album, hold down shift, and click the last song, then they all will be selected, then just drag them over the the left side, and drop them onto your iPod. (: i hope i helped.

Have you tried connecting your iPod to your computer, then "dragging" the files within iTunes from the iTunes library to the iPod icon on the left-side of the screen?

Did you remember to "eject" the iPod before you disconnected?

"I have tried everything I can think of"

would have helped if you specified what you had thought of - that way I wouldn't hav had to answer your question....with more questions.

Also, your installation of Limewire was poorly thought out. Did you bother to check on the internet as to LW's horrid reputation for security problems? You may need to reformat your HD.

In the future, if you must steal music using peer-share software, choose instead winmx or eMule.

First make sure the music file are in iTunes library not limewire library.( you can drag and drop limewire song into library or simply add the folder).

Plug in the device to the itunes and make sure it appear in the library.

Check all song or playlist then synchonise. Go to the device option and check playlist/songs/artist you want on the iPod.

Source(s): Themasterphantom

Ok, you go to your limewire library and you drag them into your purchased, or make a new playlist(better), plug in your iPod and click on the device(your iPod), once this is up up the top it should say Music,Video, Image etc. click on music, once in if not already clicked, click sync all playlists, or sync selected, choose either one, it doesn't matter. Go back go file click on "sync" (your iPods name here) then check your iPod and it should work! xD

Source(s): Me

make sure limewire is CLOSED! as it hijacks the files.. run itunes and drag and drop the files into itunes so it can make a coipy of the files in its own library (set preferences to ensure itunes organises its own library and keeps a copy).

then sync your ipod.

its a file lock issue!! caused by both itunes and limewire trying to lock the same files!!

You should tryh connect your iPod to your computer.Here is a converter that is right for you.

4Easysoft iPod touch Video Converter

http://www.4easysoft.com/ipod-touch-video-converte...

Key features:

1.Convert all video and audio formats for iPod touch

2.Preview and capture images

3..Edit videos as you like

Video crop, movie trim are all available

4.Customize video converting

You can set encoding parameters including resolution, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio to get better iPod touch video quality.

Try now,Hope this can help you.

I recommend AVCWare iPod to iPod/Computer/iTunes Transfer which can transfer music, video, playlist, photos from computer to iPod, iPod to computer, iPod to iPod without losing anything.

Hope it helps!

You can try this software to backup songs, videos, photos in iPod to PC, copy iPod songs, videos, photos to new iPod, computer or notebook.

http://www.ipod-to-pc.net/

There is the tutorial that how to transfer music/movie/photo from iPod to computer, iPod to iTunes, iPod to iPod, iPod to iPhone, iPod to iTouch, iPhone to iTouch, etc.

http://www.ipod-to-pc.net/copy-files-from-ipod-to-...

There are some great iTunes/iPhone/iPod Transfer, you can choose the best one to meet all your needs.

http://www.dvdtoitunes.net/itunes-ipod-transfer-co...

Some useful information you can get on the official site:

http://www.apple.com