At the last supper, is the "disciple whom Jesus loved", the one "resting on his bosom", was that really a man?

Different culture or not, one man snuggled up with another like that is kinda....yeah. I think it was really Mary Magdalen and the writer is disguising the fact. But for some reason Christians thinks that idea is scandalous and say it was a man instead. Like......what?!?

Favorite Answer

(John 13:23)

Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of the disciples

Jesus and all the disciples were sitting side by side,

in order to look or talk to someone you

would have to lean over that person to do so.

1) At the last supper, is the "disciple whom Jesus loved", the one "resting on his bosom", was that really a man?

Sure.

2) Different culture or not, one man snuggled up with another like that is kinda....yeah. I think it was really Mary Magdalen and the writer is disguising the fact.

Maybe you should also think My Little Pony was serving them. After all, why credit four separate eyewitness accounts of who attended the dinner? As long as you're making it up, don't do it half way!

And why - WHY - would it be Mary Magdalene? The bible describes her as hanging with the other women who were followers of Jesus - but not with Jesus. She just happened to be the first to discover that he had risen. Too much Da Vinci Load?

Jim

American men are insecure about showing affection. Other cultures aren't.

For you to assume something gay just shows your ignorance.

Here's something I read to day written from the king of Mitanni to the King of Egypt about 1370 BC:

"Keliya, my messenger, brought my brother's words to me, and when I heard them, they were very pleasing, and I rejoiced very, very much, saying, 'Certainly there is this between us: we love each other.' Now, with such words, let us love each other forevermore."

(From the Amarna Letters, EA 19)

The response was in regards to the giving of the king's sister into Egypt for marriage.

(Have I called you an idiot yet today? I probably should. You're a flaming moron. You have no idea how stupid you look.)

• jake f

You do realize that the painting ( its not a photograph) to which you refer to was actually painted much more than a millenium after the last supper?

You know that The DaVinci Code is fiction, right?

some say it's a girl.... meh.... the artist is dead... who knows... if you don't believe... does that one tiny matter really keep you up at night? :)

• i want to see your bosom.