Does the bottom curve straighten out after idiopathic scoliosis surgery on the top curve?

Will the bottom curve in my spine (out, left) straighten after the top curve (out, right) gets straightened during surgery?

Favorite Answer

The answer above me is correct it cant always be done i had my bottom curve straightened but unfortunately i still have a top curve and because of this my bottom half had to be left a bit curved to balance me out,

otherwise if they straightened my bottom half i my top half would be bent sideways so i would then be bent to one side,so that's why they left the bottom half curved so i can stand upright i am disappointed as i felt it unfair to go through hours of surgery only to be left curved,

but most do get straightened as i saw for myself while in hospital but some don't, nobody can tell for sure as i was promised to be straight when they studied my x-rays but after opening me up the real truth was it wasn't possible, so even experts don't know for sure until they have a look inside you on surgery day.

Nobody can tell that, you'll just have to wait and see. Doctors hope, that after correcting the main curve the other curv(es) will straighten themselves. That doesn't always work, unfortunately..

• melgar

identity in no way straighten a curve! it makes each and every thing extra exciting! attempt getting some opinions on the way it feels to human beings and if its extra constructive than a penis and not utilising a curve!

• S P

They will more then likely put the rods all the way down the spine if you have two curves. Talk to your doctor though.