promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which is the capital of Russia, Moscow or St. Petersburg?

My original thought was Moscow, but I got mixed answers when I looked it up and now I'm not sure.

Update:

Haha thanks guys.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • papaw
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Capital of Russia

Moscow is the capital and the largest city of Russia. It is also the largest metropolitan area in Europe,[3] and ranks among the largest urban areas in the world. Moscow is a major political, economic, cultural, religious, financial, educational, and transportation centre of Russia and the world, a global city. It is also the seventh largest city proper in the world, a megacity.

St. Petersburg, Russia is a relatively new city, founded in 1703. When it was nine years old it became the capital of Russia and retained this status till 1918. Even now it is referred to as the "Northern capital" of Russia. Over almost 300 years of its history St. Petersburg accumulated all the grandeur of the Russian Imperial Court and became one of the largest centers of culture, science and industry. Created by Peter the Great as a sea port on the Baltic it was essentially "a window to the West" for Russia, combining the best of the West and the East.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Moscow

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Moscow

Source(s): abf
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Moscow

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Moscow.

• 1 decade ago

The capitol is Moscow. Saint Peters-burg ceased being the capital in 1918 after the Russian Revolution of 1917. It is Russia's second largest city after Moscow with 4.6 million people.

Source(s): Wikipedia and brain
  • Moscow for sure is the Capital of Russia.

• 1 decade ago

It is indeed Moscow. It is the capital of Russia. St. Petersburg is also another city in Russia.

Source(s): Knowledge :P
  • 1 decade ago

Moscow is the capital.

• 1 decade ago

Moscow i know since im from there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.