Zoloft deletes my sex drive, best alternative medication for anxiety?

I am going to talk to my doctor but I want some others opinion. I take 50 mg a day and it helps my anxiety a lot. I have very bad social anxiety working at a busy restaurant and going to college. But zoloft is taking away my sex drive as well. I still get turned on but sex is useless for me. Also I feel fatigued a lot. I tried combining Wellbutrin and that did not help. I want to get off this crap and take a tranquilizer like lorazapam, but they are known to be addictive. Advice anyone?

• Tony I
    Favorite Answer

As I just answered another question down the list a few spots:

My partner has used Hawthorne Berry Syrup and a couple of other products with great success; Natural Remedies Mindsoothe and Triple Complex Nerve Tonic.

GABA and St. John's Wort may help too.

Other items which may help:

Vitamin B complex (100 mg of each major B vitamin) plus extra pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5 500 mg three times daily) and Vitamin B3 in the form of Niacinamide (500 mg 3 times daily and do not substitute niacin for the niacinamide). Those will help reduce stress and help with proper brain function.

Essential fatty acids and omega 3's can be helpful.

Calcium and magnesium (use 15oo mg along with 1000 mg of magnesium at bedtime). These two essentials nourish the central nervous system and help calm the body. Anxiety is but one of many conditions associated with magnesium deficiencies and 90-95% of us are deficient in magnesium.

L-glutamine (500 mg 3 times daily) passes the blood-brain barrier to promote healthy mental function and increases the level of gamma-aminobutryic acid (GABA), which has a calming effect.

Glutathione, as directed on label.

S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe), as directed on label. Aids in stress relief and depression, eases pain, and has an antioxidant effect that can improve liver health. Caution: Do not use if there is a manic-depressive disorder OR if taking prescription antidepressants.

Valerian root induces calmness and reduces stress. It was widely dispensed to citizens of London in WWII during the nightly bombing attacks.

PS - My partner has no problems with her sex drive.

: )

1

Source(s): Overcome Anxiety While Driving : http://DrivingProblem.ohfos.com/?WZn

Alternatives To Zoloft

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am going to talk to my doctor but I want some others opinion. I take 50 mg a day and it helps my anxiety a lot. I have very bad social anxiety working at a busy restaurant and going to college. But zoloft is taking away my sex drive as well. I still get turned on but sex is useless for me. Also I...

Source(s): zoloft deletes sex drive alternative medication anxiety: https://biturl.im/L9rrx

Zoloft Alternatives

I have had serious issues with anxiety in the past if your looking for a pill that won't destroy your sex drive try SAM-e it is far more natural then alot of stuff out there. When I took it I noticed a definate decrease in anxiety and self created stress. Also it improves the health of your joints. You can find it in alot of different supplement stores. I got mine at GNC and took to 440mg pills twice a day. However the thing that has worked best for me in the long term is meditation. I have been meditating almost every day now for 3 months (15-30min a day). For the first time in 6 years I am off medications completely. My focused has improved tremendously and things that used to cause me anxiety now do not even bother me. I sleep great and my sex life is better then ever. I am 25 and in college so I have an idea what your going through. Good luck!!

You could try viagra but I will tell ya what, that stuff sucks. The side effects are terrible. Have you ever tried a sexual enhancer? I was in your situation, like I said, viagra was tried but it wasn't for me considering the side effects overwhelm the pleasures of it. I found this natural herbal enhancer and figured what the heck, if it's natural it must be great and plus it said no side effects. I tried it and after about two days of taking it I was just horny like a mad man. All the time, I have erections that want to stand straight up and the orgasms are to die for. The stuff was called vigrx plus and I saved on it at the time at hughs-reviews.com , You should check it out. I love the fact it's made from a researched blend of herbs that seem to do the trick for me atleast.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health problem in the U.S., affecting about one out of five people at any given time. There are many safe nondrug remedies for anxiety. Read here https://tr.im/Sb2tm

Anxiety can take many forms — generalized anxiety disorder (constant worrying about everyday things), obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety disorder.

My daughter was on zoloft and stopped taking it because of lack of sex drive(she is married and wants to have a normal sexual relationship with her husband) She now take Wellbutrin and Abilify (because the Wellbutrin was not working by itself) and take a mild does of (may not be spelling this right) co-lon-a-pin....she is doing well now but had to take about 3 weeks for her body to adjust to it.

What state are you in? California and Colorado you can get a script for medical marijuana which I find works very well for anxiety, also low does Valium when not at work or school of course. It is very frustrating to have a low sex drive and in itself can cause depression and anxiety. Good luck in finding something that works for you. I find prescription drugs are a vicious cycle, and try not to use them.