Need help with finding an optic/scope for my AR-15?

I am on the market for a optic for my AR 15 rifle,(a Smith & Wesson MP-15 5.56x45mm NATO/.223 REM)I was thinking about the ACOG but I don't know that much about the scope/optic end of the shooting world. I am looking for a scope/optic for CQC/CQB ranges and out to about 300 meters. I am not looking for some... show more I am on the market for a optic for my AR 15 rifle,(a Smith & Wesson MP-15 5.56x45mm NATO/.223 REM)I was thinking about the ACOG but I don't know that much about the scope/optic end of the shooting world. I am looking for a scope/optic for CQC/CQB ranges and out to about 300 meters. I am not looking for some longer range type scope to play sniper with, I just want something for close to medium stuff. Also I plan to mount it on the flat top of the upper receiver on the M 1913 rails. So if anyone has some advise on what optic/scope to get or not to get please let me know.

Also Military and LE advice on what works best in the field would also be great, not that I am going to war or anything but I just want a weapons system that is true to is capabilities.

Thanks in advance