why are so many unemployed Republicans on here today?

Maybe it's Bush policies you should be hating more he couldn't save Merril Lynch, Bear stearns, an all those banks. Now yall crying Obama get a grip take the nipple out your lip.

Favorite Answer

I'm not a republican, I am an independent and I retired from my job of 28 years. Now I am kicking back pissing off liberals with facts that they just don't like while the few liberals that do work are paying into social security and the checks go to me. You just keep working for the next 40 years paying those taxes so I can enjoy myself.

Now as to this latest financial melt down you can go back to the Carter administration and the democrat controlled congresses passage of the Community Redevelopment Act and to the extent that politicians don't look at history when making decisions (I will explain later). The CRA was created to encourage banks and S&L (Savings and Loan) to help meet the needs of their local communities including low and moderate income people.

http://www.ffiec.gov/CRA/history.htm. It was also about this time that the FDIC raised the amount of insurance from $25,000 to $50,000 per depositor. The S&L companies used this increase to attract customers by giving a higher interest rate on deposits. As inflation grew and the economy tumbled home mortgage rates increased as high as 21%, people with adjustable rates were no longer able to make their payments and the S&L's started to fail because of to much risk.

Now comes the part about politicians not looking at history.

During the Clinton administration the amount of money that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was purchasing was raised to $1 trillion. History should have told us that this would lead to yet another burst of the housing bubble.

Bush is not blameless, in fact he was a proponent and as a result the regulations were relaxed (sorry folks, I have no respect for either party).

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-us...

In 2004 many of the republican congress saw that both Fannie and Freddie were in trouble, the biggest indication came from financial reports that showed earnings to be down to the penny enough to trigger the huge CEO bonuses. These warning fell not only on deaf ears

but were met with outright opposition to the notion and those in the democrat congress covered up this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yga7TlsA-1A

Youtube thumbnail

Now since there were no more S&L's other financial institutions such as Merill Lynch and Bear Stearn's invested in mortgages but when the home market bubble burst it took a lot of corrupt and greedy financial companies down the tubes with them.

I am more than just a little pissed off that any of our tax money was used to bailout the frauds that in the end were working from a greedy perspective and not looking at keeping their investors money safe.

Private companies should be subject to the "Law of the Wild" where only the strong survive.

The Idea that this whole mess is Bush's fault is ridiculous, and to say that it is all Carter or Clinton's fault is equally ridiculous. This was a combination of events that led to disaster.

Much like all of the myth's of the fear of the year 2000 when everyone was afraid of computers stopping and missiles launching themselves, we really did not have to spend $billions on that project.

Likewise the $trillion that will be spent on bailouts is money that is wasted. True some of the larger corporations would have failed but the stronger corporations would have purchased assets at bargain basement prices and would have come out much stronger while the tax payers would not be bearing the costs

Every one that answered this question the way they did are a bunch of whiny nerds hiding behind there computer. Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Its almost comical. I bet your mama still bring you milk and cookies before she say nighty night. And who ever said something about welfare probably was on it or still is on it. Its sad that assholes would rather see a child starve than to give a hand out. Its ******* sick. Get your asses up and do something other than complain. This don't have anything to do with politics, its plain racism. By the way I'm very much employed in a top dollar job and so is my husband. To the IDIOT 2nd from the bottom, you ain't worked no where honey. What are you 13? You cracked me up. My 6 year old is more intelligent than you. You sound awful and I haven't even heard your voice. Shame shame. How about when your old enough to kick it in the grown up world give me a call. I might hire you to run errands. LOL

• Power

They are always on here. They used to say cause I was a liberal I was unemployed. Then I would explain how the Gov. of my state got stimulus money for my state a long time ago so my state is doing well. I quit my job, went into my own business & make a fortune thanks to my democratic Governor. Even the republicans who still work spend there time on their computers as work not getting anything else done so you may not have noticed but they are always on here. Ask if Obama is a Muslim who sat in a Christian church for 20 years & doesn't have a birth certificate or if anyone wants to go teabagging & you will get them coming out of the woodwork.

I'm on my week off. By the way, what do you do for work, Dumbocrat? Are you one of those lazy liberals who still thinks Obama is going to pay for your mortgage and gas?

Republicans on here probably own their own business or are retired. The unemployed Democrats that are on here probably don't think Obama's "hope and change" has helped them out much.

Because a long legged mack daddy is in the whitehouse. Plenty of unemployment to go around.

Its because they heard that one of the questions on here included a link to a new Sarah Palin screen saver.

• Samm

So who is paying for your welfare?

it is us - the employed Republicans.

• HD

i'm a rep, employed and on answers, whats your point?

We've worked hard enough earlier this year to afford both a vacation and your entitlement monkey handouts, loser.