Why do most Muslims try to force their religious beliefs on non-Muslims?

If you ask the average Muslim what his opinion is on controversial things like prostitution, drug use, adultery, homosexuality, pornography, abortion, and so on, you'd find that not only are they against it, but that they think they should all be against the law. If you go to the Ramadan section, you'll... show more If you ask the average Muslim what his opinion is on controversial things like prostitution, drug use, adultery, homosexuality, pornography, abortion, and so on, you'd find that not only are they against it, but that they think they should all be against the law. If you go to the Ramadan section, you'll know what I mean. As an agnostic, I don't like those things either, but they should be legal since non-Muslims certainly don't live by the same values and most of those activities don't harm anyone except the person himself. The basis for my interpretation comes from humanistic and secular reasoning, not from a centuries old book. I know my rationale sounds simpler than it is, but it really depends on the issue, and I don't have enough space to talk about each one here. I know plenty of Christians who are against homosexuality but they don't stone gays to death or want make the behavior illegal. The percentage of extremists always seem to be higher in Islam than any other religion.

BTW: Do you guys still consider Sadat a traitor for making peace with Israel? Do you applaud terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians?
Update: Aussie, Lebanon is a pretty laid back and relatively free country. It also has the lowest percentage of Muslims in the Middle East. Coincidence?
Update 2: Wow...look at Boycotttt...such a friendly amiable person. I choose to exercise my freedom by living by my own rules, which doesn't make me a nihilist. Just because society says something is moral or immoral doesn't mean I think that way. I encourage everyone here to read Nietzsche and Sartre. You have... show more Wow...look at Boycotttt...such a friendly amiable person. I choose to exercise my freedom by living by my own rules, which doesn't make me a nihilist. Just because society says something is moral or immoral doesn't mean I think that way. I encourage everyone here to read Nietzsche and Sartre. You have absolutely no idea how free you really are.