Help on a book to read please?

Today i realized that i had no books next to my bed like i usually do! I really need something to read, i have nothing right now. The last book i read was Wild Animus but that wasn't so great.

Can someone please recommend something to me? Im usually into sci-fi and fantasy but right now i just feel that im into anything. I like to write also so reading things give me ideas and lately i havent been writing anything. So please and thank you. No twilight please but something similar would be fine.

Favorite Answer

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley

Kindred by Octavia Butler

Neuromancer by William Gibson

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglass Adams

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip

The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan

The Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper

The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea

Well you said That you're willing to try anything so try a book for teens like - the truth about forever-it's written by Sarah dessen and although the description doesn't sound all too exciting the book is amazing, it's now one of my favourite books. I also like to write and there is a certain connection between two characters by a little game, it helped me and inspired me to start writing again, the book has slight romance I guess but not much and nothing icky or really lovey dovey because I hate that sort of stuff, you should try it, the front cover is awsome too if that helps lol

You should get into it after the first chapter, give it a go, and I wanted the ending to happen but I didn't suspect it from the start of the book, you also get connected to the characters, I so wish wes was real haha

Ok well good luck finding one, email me about the book if you want to know anythning etc

Hope I helped

- American Gods - Neil Gaiman (others of his include Stardust, Neverwhere, Good Omens)

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (if you've read that, try the Dirk Gently series, or The Salmon of Doubt)

- Eastern Standard Tribe - Cory Doctorow (this is free to download from Doctorow's site at craphound.com)

- White Teeth - Zadie Smith

Assorted fantasy series include:

Xanth - Piers Anthony

The Discworld Series - Terry Pratchett

The Ender Saga - Orson Scott Card

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

Sword of Truth - Terry Goodkind

Narnia - C.S. Lewis

A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin

So You Want to Be a Wizard - Diane Duane

Myth Adventures - Robert Lynn Asprin

Thursday Next - Jasper Fford

The Newford Series - Charles de Lint

• Alice

Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole by Micco Mann. Romantic realism floating over questions re the morality of an eco-war. Lots of action, adventure between a 17 year old girl and boy.

Cherry by Ann Karr (Anything by Karr)

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

the Mortal instrument series or the house of night series. both better than twilight! also the evernight, glass house, vampire diaries, vampire kisses, and pendragon series are all the bomb. Btw if love to laugh these books are so for you..hope this helped

Source(s): a teen that loves to read
  • NTN

If you like Sci-Fi, I would recommend anything by Isaac Asimov, he wrote a ton of stuff and most of it is really good.

• Shelly

You might enjoy these:

- Prey by Michael Crichton. Blurb on the back of the book: In the Nevada desert, an experiment has gone horribly wrong. A cloud of nanoparticles—micro-robots—has escaped from the laboratory. This cloud is self-sustaining and self-reproducing. It is intelligent and learns from experience. For all practical purposes, it is alive.

It has been programmed as a predator. It is evolving swiftly, becoming more deadly with each passing hour.

Every attempt to destroy it has failed.

And we are the prey.

As fresh as today's headlines, Michael Crichton's most compelling novel yet tells the story of a mechanical plague and the desperate efforts of a handful of scientists to stop it. Drawing on up-to-the-minute scientific fact, Prey takes us into the emerging realms of nanotechnology and artificial distributed intelligence—in a story of breathtaking suspense. Prey is a novel you can't put down.

- All Around The Town by Mary Higgins Clark. Blurb on the back of the book: When Allan Grant is found stabbed to death, Laurie Kenyon’s fingerprints abound…

To cope with the trauma Laurie suffered after she was kidnapped for two years at the age of four, she has developed a multiple personality. The real Laurie has no recollection of the shocking murder.

The key to Laurie’s innocence lies in what happened during her two years of hell. Bic Hawkins, and his wife Opal, Laurie’s abductors, are now prominent television evangelists. Bic has threatened Laurie with death if she talked – a threat he may have to carry out…

This book is absolutely amazing. The whole time you read, you honestly cannot guess what’s going to happen next. It is so suspenseful, it absolutely kills you. The characters are also really interesting – the abductors were hippies, and in the book have become preachers for God. Laurie is interesting, as she suffers from a multiple personality disorder, and it’s like she switches from one person to another in the book. She has different names for her different personalities, and each ‘person’ reveals small parts of what happened to her when she was abducted. For example, in the book, her personality of looking after herself is called Kate, and her four-year-old upset self is called Debbie. She switches from person to person when she feels differently, and they each fill out a bit of the puzzle… Here’s a part from the book to show you what I mean:

(note: Justin Donnelly is the name of her shrink, and he asks her to keep a diary/journal to see if she remembers anything about her kidnappers. Also remember Kate, Debbie etc. are all the different people for her different personalities. They are all Laurie. This takes place in his office where her shrink is talking to her to try to help her. She is sitting in a chair while he asks her questions about random stuff like psychiatrists do.):

Donnelly looked up. “Laurie?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know why I said that.”

“Would you repeat it?”

“I said I hate fuzz on a man’s hands or arms.”

“Why do you think that just occurred to you?”

“She’s not going to answer that.”

He had come to recognize Kate’s voice immediately.

Justin wasn’t fazed. “Come on, Kate,” he said good-humouredly. “You can’t keep getting away with bullying Laurie. She wants to talk to me. Or Debbie does. I think it was Debbie writing in the book last night. It looks like her handwriting.”

“Well it certainly isn’t mine.”

“May I speak to Debbie now?”

“Oh, all right. But don’t get her crying again. I’m sick of that kid’s sniffling.”

The hair falling forward was the usual sign. It wrenched his heart to hear the frightened child who called herself Debbie. Was this the way it was for Laurie those two years she was away, weeping, terrified, longing for the people she loved?

“Hi Debbie,” Justin said. “How’s the big girl today?”

“Better, thank you.”

“Debbie, I’m so glad you started writing in the journal again. Do you know why you wrote this last night?”

“I knew the book was empty. I shook it first.”

“You shook the book? What did you expect to find?”

“I don’t know.”

“What were you afraid to find Debbie?”

“I have to go now,” she whispered. “They’re looking for me.”

“Who? Who is looking for you?”

But she was gone.

Hope I helped!

Source(s): I've read them both and couldn't put them down!

Empire of Blue Water

This was a very good book in my opinion. It's a non-fiction book about Captain Morgan and his pirate crew. It's was a great read. It. I loved it, so far this is the best book I have ever read, and I read a lot.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Empire-of-Blue-Wa...

True Blood its a vampire book

• La

If you enjoy vampires, you might like True Blood.