Big financial problems: need to make changes. Where to find the cheapest dog food, cat food, and cat litter?

Generic or brand name, it doesn't really matter at this point. Cost is most important right now. Two family members (mom/brother) are out of work, I only make min wage at part-time and have to cover food/litter for five animals. Me and my brother recently moved back home with mom and dad. I filed bankruptcy... show more Generic or brand name, it doesn't really matter at this point. Cost is most important right now. Two family members (mom/brother) are out of work, I only make min wage at part-time and have to cover food/litter for five animals. Me and my brother recently moved back home with mom and dad. I filed bankruptcy earlier this year. Mom and brother were denied unemployment due to walking off their jobs where they worked with my aunt and uncle (long story, family torn apart now and immediate family hurting financially). Unemployment is nearly 14% where we're at. Dad is the only one making a real paycheck at the moment and money is pretty tight. So for now, I'm paying for all pet supplies with what little I make since it'll help the family out.

So right now, We have all of our own pets in one household, We have two adult cats (that hate each other), two adult chihuahuas, and one senior 95lb mixed dog. It's a bit crazy, but we've found some ways to adapt having all 5 five in one house. Anyhow, All three dogs eat the same food out of the same bowl which we leave out 24/7 for them since they all seem to have their own weird/different eating habits. We found pedigree small and crunchy works well for the odd trio because of the size of the bites seem to work best for the little guys and the big guy doesn't seem to mind it at all. We get the 40lb bag for $23, barely lasts 1-1/2 weeks at best so it gets expensive. Cats eat nutri-cat (16lb bag for $26) and their litter is tidy cat (40lb bag for $12).

These are the cheapest products I've found so far in the largest quantities so far. I need to go cheaper if it's possible to make this stuff last as long as possible since this will probably be a long term thing given the economy.

Anyone have any ideas on cheaper products?