laptop wont boot up help!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i have a satellite Toshiba forget what model it is but it just happened all of a sudden this is what it says when i start it up " windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer this error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external usb drive wile the device is in use,or by faulty hardware such as a hard dive or cd-rom drive that is failing. make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restarted your computer if you continue to get this essage contact the hardware manufacture

file: \window\system32\winload.exe

info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred

and this laptop is maybe only 4 months old i have no idea wats wrong with it plz tell me wat should i do thanks

Update:

ban gart ahh its not fake when i boot up my computer it starts normally but then it gives me tht message and it restarts to the same message i think i got a cd with it ot sure gota check the box

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, if the error included the spelling mistakes, then it wasn't an error,... it was an infection. No, I'm not bustin' your beans. I'm serious. I've seen malware that had dead-giveaway spelling errors on fake blue-screen errors and pop-up errors.

This is why spelling is important, because it means the difference between you reporting a valid error that your computer is giving you, and an infection that is attempting to trick you into something. Solving those two problems would typically require different solutions.

One solution (that is kind of like killing roaches in your house with a hand grenade) is performing a factory recovery. Use the recovery CDs for your computer (or the recovery partition). You didn't say a thing about the model of your computer, so it is hard to tell you the exact procedure to do this, as the procedure varies from model to model. And only you know your computer model, as it is on the bottom of your laptop.

The internet is full of people reporting an error with Winload.exe, but according to Microsoft, this might work...

This error occurs when either of the following conditions is true:

· The Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.

· The Boot\BCD file on the active partition is damaged or missing.

You can rebuild the BCD store by using the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment. To do this, follow these steps

1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when you are prompted.

3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

7. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER.

o If the Bootrec.exe tool runs successfully, it presents you with an installation path of a Windows directory. To add the entry to the BCD store, type Yes. A confirmation message appears that indicates the entry was added successfully.

o If the Bootrec.exe tool cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you must remove the BCD store, and then you must re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order in which they are presented. Press ENTER after each command.

Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

8. Restart the computer.

Now.. if you don't have your Vista disc... well, then you might just have to take the computer to a computer repair shop and have them take care of your problems.

end of line

• Login to reply the answers
  • open it in safe mode, during boot up, when the blue screen appears, i think you should press f8, but i'm not sure, to open the menu, and choose, "open in safe mode", then get help from windows help online.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.