? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

When Obama did not celebrate National Prayer Day but held Islamic Prayer Day at the White house, and when he?

was the first and only president not to mention God in his Thanksgiving address, and when he left the word "Christmas" off their Christmas cards, and when you see this:

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Mus...

Muslims praying en masse on the West Lawn of the White House

and when you see this

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/oba...

Obama praying at a mosque in Istanbul

and when you see this guy say that the White House will become the Muslim House

http://caosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the...

and when you read that Obama will stand with the Muslims should things go sour...

So do you still think he's a Christian?

If he's an atheist, why does he say he's a Christian and then act like/support Muslims?

Favorite Answer

This makes me sick, really sick. It only reinforces the notion about his origins.

• Doug B

The Muslim gathering was at the US Capitol, not the White House, and was in no way sponsored by the administration. Any group can apply to the National Park Service for a permit to hold a rally on the Capitol grounds. Seriously, you can't tell the difference between the White House and the Capitol Building?

He's not praying, he's just removing his shoes which all visitors to a mosque have to do. When I visited the Basilica de Notre Dame in Montreal, I was told to remove my hat. It's the custom.

The full quote about standing with the Muslims refers to the way America treated Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor, and his fears of a similar backlash against innocent Americans who are Muslim or just appear to be of Arabic descent.

By the way, George W. Bush's official card from last year:

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/hallmarkwhitehous...

Washington, Jefferson, Adams, none of them were christian and we regard them as fine presidents, so what does it matter?

In America, majority rules. The major religion in the world is Muslim, so I'd think you'd embrace the majority once again.

I was curious to see him praying at the Mosque, but what I saw was him taking his shoes off. Anyway I don't think he ever was a Christian. I think he is an atheist.

Update: You don't think it is obvious why he would say he is a Christian in a country that has a significant amount of people who wouldn't vote for anyone who wasn't Christian? As for him appealing to Muslims that has to do with the fact that his family line has Muslims in it. Obama is an atheist that went to a Christian Church in Chicago with Reverend Wright so he could keep up an image in that community.

First of all, he is the President of a pluralistic society. Whatever his personal religious views are they should not be forced on the rest of us. That goes for all public leaders. Second of all, the Muslim Day of Prayer was organized by a sep group that had nothing to do with the White House. Personally, I much prefer a day of prayer to a day of bombing. This is NOT a Christian nation. It is NOT and should NOT be a religious state. This is a free country where anyone can worship or not worship as they choose. Let freedom ring.

Ah, gee whiz Capa you done pissed off a bunch of stinking liberals. I am waiting for some of the God doesn't exist so why mention him remarks.

Of course the liberal media made no mention of the Islam Prayer Day held at the White House and you should have mentioned that this day of prayer was held on 9/11/09 totally rejecting what had become an annual event since the destruction of the WTC.

The picture showing Obama taking off his shoes off shows that he is aware of what to do prior to entering a Mosque.

I do have some remarks to SCARBORO

Do not be surprised by what Obama may try to do, he has little respect for the Constitution of the United States. Now in regards to your assumption regarding Bush, you are not only wrong, you are dead wrong.

Like it or not the Iraq war was authorized by congress.

Bush did add $4.7 trillion to the national debt, but reality proves that congress spends or allows the spending. I know that you liberal like to speak so highly of Clinton ending his term with a budget surplus and many of you claim, incorrectly, that there was no national debt. This simply is not true, the national debt at the time Bush came into office was $5.8 trillion, this debt can be attributed to all previous administrations including Clinton's

When Clinton came into office his first 2 years congress was controlled by democrats and the national debt increased an average of $300 billion each year. Clinton's last 6 years of office republicans gained control of congress and the national debt increased an average of $167 billion each year and with that republican controlled congress allowed Clinton to have a budget surplus.

Bush had his first 6 years with a republican controlled congress and the national debt increased an average of $483 billion each year, his last 2 years in office democrats regained control of congress and the national debt increased an average of $1 trillion each year. Now Obama is the president, congress is still controlled by the democrats and in his first 11 months there has been another $1.4 trillion added to the national debt.

Do the math 6 years of Bush and a republican congress = $2.9 trillion increase of the national debt. The last 3 years of Bush/Obama and a democrat congress - $3.4 trillion. If you want to just take a 3 year average then Republicans = $1.45 trillion, Democrats= $3.4 trillion.

You tell me whose mess this is. I know that you are going to blame Bush for the collapse of the financial industry, again that is not only wrong but would be a lie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcC_kCnf8U

Youtube thumbnail

This nation was founded on the belief in God. Every government building reflects this legacy.

Laus Deo

Praise be to God.

If this president believes he can be a great and effective leader without the blessings of god, he is sadly mistaken.

• JEFF S

He is a Muslim and that is obvious. He would not have a national day of prayer at the White House but did have one for Muslims. Remember he said we are a Muslim nation. Well I hate to break the news to him but this is still a Christian nation.

• ....

Nope. He's a secret Muslim.

Just like Bush was part of the Lizard-people at the head of the Illuminati.

And Ronald Wilson Regan was the Anti-Christ.

And Woodrow Wilson was a puppet for Rockerfeller "Standard Oil", and was put into power to establish the federal reserve.

And the Bin Laden is CIA, who was paid to bring down the twin towers.

And Andrew Johnson had Abraham Lincoln killed.

I do not now nor did I ever think he was a Christian.. but he tried to act like one.. he knew he would not be elected otherwise.

Imagine? And they say we are crazy to wonder if he is even American.. ha!

I say, lets see the proof Barry.

What difference does it make?? Will you now be forced to join ANY religious organization?? Of course not..But in your HATE for this president because of your ''PARTY HACK" status,,and he is not the same as you,,you will do like ALL of your KIND will continue to do to disrespect,,obstruct,,and distort whatever your kind thinks will discredit this president..What you continue to forget is he is trying to FIX your RIGHT WING EIGHT YEAR INEPT president which created this ""BUSH LEGACY""!! Try as you might THAT will NEVER CHANGE !! Its your party,,your man and the RIGHT which will ALWAYS be branded with this distinction !! So,,its really funny and sadly stupid to try and put this president in a bad light when each day,,things are getting a little better in some way,,and you and your RIGHT lose more creditability !! SCARBORO