Is having an online TEFL certification taken seriously by employers?

I am looking into being an English (as a foreign language) teacher for a while. I would like to know your experiences. What site did you use to get certified? Are there any sites that are more recognized positively and negatively? How many hours was your course? What was your experience applying for domestic (US)... show more I am looking into being an English (as a foreign language) teacher for a while. I would like to know your experiences. What site did you use to get certified? Are there any sites that are more recognized positively and negatively? How many hours was your course? What was your experience applying for domestic (US) jobs? Is online certification pretty common, or frowned upon?

Also, I'm currently a student so I don't have my university degree yet. Does that matter?

I'm not interested in hearing that "employers want experience more than anything." I have experience teaching english in a foreign country. It doesn't help me out much.